ToolKit on Ubuntu

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by MadMal, Dec 4, 2020.

1. MadMal

MadMal

Has anybody got it to work recently?

Tried yesterday using the latest version of ToolKit, Ubuntu 20.01 and Wine.

Finally got it running - but does weird things with project networks (existing projects dont show any networks, but it does tell you if one is open!) .. creating a new project allows you to add a new network and scan the network, but close and reopen and same issue as before!

Opening basic config screens seems ok (relay/dimmer) - eDLT not good :(

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Mal.

MadMal, Dec 4, 2020
  2. MadMal

DarylMc

DarylMc, Dec 4, 2020
  3. MadMal

MadMal

@DarylMc nice one!

Of absolutely no help at all.

MadMal, Dec 4, 2020
  4. MadMal

DarylMc

I was joking of course but it will install and run CBus Toolkit with minimal fuss.
    If cost is the problem as far as I can tell Windows 10 will run indefinitely unactivated.

DarylMc, Dec 4, 2020
  5. MadMal

MadMal

@DarylMc I gathered that - sorry, been a long week and couldnt think of anything more appropriate to reply with!

Cost is part of the issue - but not in the OS ... also a few other drivers.

MadMal, Dec 4, 2020
  6. MadMal

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Can confirm, I'm also seeing these issues with Wine 7.0 on Mint.

1/ Toolkit project explorer fails to display Networks
    Opening a project shows no networks at all.
    upload_2022-3-21_22-0-13.png
    They are there in the XML file and can be accessed and even opened via the C-Gate command line. I tried several versions as far back as Toolkit 1.13.3 (2014) with the same issue. This part of the Toolkit UI uses a third-party treeview control for Delphi and almost certainly plays with Windows calls in a way that WINE has never seen before.
    The only workaround to be able to access unit dialogs is to create a new Project and a new Network to scan in Toolkit, though obviously this is not sustainable compared to working with a permanent project.

2/ eDLT Dialog fails to load
    upload_2022-3-21_22-46-6.png
    This particular dialog is developed using C# and uses the Componentsource Hydra framework to automagically mash it into the Delphi runtime. My guess is this just a level too funky for WINE to handle. I don't know any workaround for this one unfortunately.

3/ Multisensor (SENPILL) Dialog fails to load
    No error is shown. This was the second unit to have a C# dialog but it was built in a different way (the specifics escape me). Fortunately this one was an overhaul of an earlier Delphi dialog, which we can still access by right-clicking on the unit and choosing "Open Unit in Classic".
    upload_2022-3-21_23-1-4.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    daniel, Mar 21, 2022
  7. MadMal

glen_m

If you are running a remote C-Gate, could it be you are experiencing the same issue as here?:
    https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/toolkit-1-14-2-and-edlt-dialog.8372/

I do run my c-gate on Ubuntu, but not toolkit (That runs on windows for now) and get exactly the same error. As far as I understand, its nothing to do with the fact the remote c-gate is hosted on Ubuntu, its just that its not local.... The workaround is listed in the above post, and works for me...
    That said - I may be keen to give the toolkit on WINE option a go too one day !![/QUOTE]

glen_m, Apr 7, 2022
Ask a Question