Toolkit 1.14.2 and eDLT Dialog

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by sjfp, May 13, 2015.

1. sjfp

sjfp

Just started today to get an error trying to program an eDLT. the normal dialog that use to come up when editing the unit is no longer coming up?? instead I am now getting an error dialog box with the following
    Exception of type
    'SharpCGateCommunicator.CGateUnrecoverableConnectionException' was thrown.
    Have uninstalled toolkit, re loaded again but still not able to edit the unit ??
    any solutions out there on what's caused the issue, because I need to edit the unit. It was working a couple of weeks ago, so nothing has changed since.

sjfp, May 13, 2015
  2. sjfp

mdooher

Same here, I get the same error trying to connect to eDLT. I had a slightly older version of toolkit and upgraded to the newest but same error

I'm betting on Windows update... not that that helps

mdooher, May 13, 2015
  3. sjfp

Brendan Rogers

C-Bus Toolkit 1.14.2 home automation software - eDLT dialog.

I can report that I am experiencing the same error message as above.

Brendan Rogers, May 14, 2015
  4. sjfp

Dasman

Hi Everyone,

This issue has been associated with a Windows Update which has come out over the past few days. Heading into control panel then selecting Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates and uninstalling the Windows update with the code KB3061518, followed by rebooting your computer will correct this issue

Dasman, May 15, 2015
  5. sjfp

sjfp

Many thanks for the reply re windows update, have now removed offending update, and the eDlt Dialog now comes up.
    Thanks again:):):)

sjfp, May 15, 2015
  6. sjfp

sjfp

Well works great until windows put it back in again.
    Never mind, will have to keep taking the update out, till a permanent fix is brought out.

sjfp, May 15, 2015
  7. sjfp

walsh

edlt communication error

Drove me nuts today thanks for the post :) saved me a headache

walsh, May 20, 2015
  8. sjfp

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi all, we have released C-Bus Toolkit v1.14.3 to address this problem. Please install it over the top of your existing version.

Thanks to Dasman for diagnosing and providing the interim workaround.

daniel, May 21, 2015
  9. sjfp

71monaro

I am getting this error and I have toolkit version 1.15.3 Another thread said update the firmware in the eDLT. How can I do that? I cannot even see how on a DLT I can open.

71monaro, Dec 15, 2018
  10. sjfp

booboisie

I get this error on both Toolkit 1.15.5 and the newly released 1.15.6 on Windows 10 1903 (Build 18362.295) and Windows 8 (Build 9600).

In version 1.15.6 toolkit errors with the following when trying to open an eDLT unit from the network (or the DB):

Error Displaying Unit Dialog
    Exception of type 'SharpCGateCommunicator.CGateUnrecoverableConnectionException' was thrown.

For a new project, Toolkit is unable to add/transfer the unit from the network to the DB.

Any suggestions for a fix/workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Chris

booboisie, Aug 30, 2019
  11. sjfp

chromus

I'm running 1.15.6 and the latest build of windows and not getting these errors so its pointing at something local.

How are u connecting to the network? CNI / USB / RS232?

chromus, Sep 26, 2019
  12. sjfp

booboisie

Hi Chromus - apols for the delay responding. I'm connecting via a CNI (SHAC) and am running the latest version/build of Toolkit. I'm a bit lost as to how to diagnose this further - I can't read or transfer any of the 5 eDLTs on my network.

Regards,
    Chris

booboisie, Oct 3, 2019
  13. sjfp

Wonkey

Simple suggestion to eliminate a corrupt project.
    Start a new toolkit project and scen the network and see if you can open the eDLTs.
    Colin

Wonkey, Oct 7, 2019
  14. sjfp

Barry24

I am getting this same error when attempting to edit an eDLT from the "Units on Network" window in Toolkit when I am connected to a remote CGate. It works fine when I am connected to a local CGate (running Toolkit 1.15.7).

When connecting to eDLT via Remote CGate, the "Verifying Unit" modal dialog box appears for a few seconds and then disappears, but (unlike the local Cgate) it is not replaced by the progress bar showing the eDLT config being loaded from the network. Instead, approx. 23 seconds later the error appears: "SharpCGateCommunicator.CGateUnrecoverableConnectionException".
    Has anyone else encountered this issue with Remote CGate and know what the cause may be? I am wondering whether there is a timeout running across the network, but given it is on a 1Gbit LAN (although limited by the CNI which has a 100Mbit NIC) that seems unlikely. All other non-eDLT CBUS units (Dimmers, Relays, keypads) are able to be edited with no issue.

My workaround to edit eDLT using a local CGate requires me to :
    1. stop the remote CGate (which I have running on a Linux Centos box for homebridge)
    2. copy the CGate/tag/<project>.XML file from the remote CGate to my local machine's CGate (since all my other non-eDLT changes are made via the remote CGate). This ensures all the relevant groups are in sync.
    3. start Toolkit with local CGate and make eDLT changes
    4. stop local CGate
    5. optional: copy the CGate/tab/<project>.XML from my local CGate to remote CGate if there were any group changes
    6. restart CGate on the remote CGate to reinstate homebridge functionality.

Barry24, Apr 26, 2021
  15. sjfp

BradJ

Yes Barry24.
    I am having exactly the same problem. After moving CGate to a docker container and using it remotely. (As I am also using homebridge). Would love a resolution to this rather than a workaround.

BradJ, Aug 5, 2021
Ask a Question