New Firmware DOES NOT Support SmartVoice.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by Drew, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Drew

Drew

If you are a SmartVoice devotee and use the system to provide voice control to your Cbus system via the a Wiser2 DO NOT install the new firmware! Whilst the new firmware depreciates FLASH and provides modern browser support through HTML5, it does not work with the SmartVoice system - so, until a fix is found there is no easy way to restore (downgrade) a firmware upgraded Wiser2. The new SmartLogic HC2 model also will not work with SmartVoice, as it comes preloaded with the new firmware. All SmartVoice devotees, consider yourself warned !

Drew, Nov 16, 2022
  2. Drew

Graham Lamb

Hi
    Below is from july the isue with Port number has been fixed in version 1.32.35 but I have not changed back to Wiser still using NAC as my smartvoice interface.
    Graham

=====================================
    =====================================

Hi All
    FYI only.
    When I updated Wiser firmware earler this month Amazon Alexa stoped working with cbus via Smart Voice so I swapped over to SHAC as interface for Smart Voice and all worked ok. I spoke with Smart Voice people and there is a problem with the API,s o_O being changed in Wiser and I dont think you can go back to older version of Wiser Firmware:confused:.
    Regards
    Graham

Graham Lamb, Jun 29, 2022 Report

#1 Reply

[​IMG]

martymonster

Hi Graham,

Just got a reply from Smart Voice as I have a Wiser2 using Google Hubs.
    They said
    ======================================================
    This is correct, the Wiser 2, current firmware has issues, with remote connections, and this does effect the Smart Voice connection on certain ports. This is currently being corrected by Clipsal in a new firmware release that is close to release. So at the moment suggest you stay with the current firmware on your Wiser 2 and you will have no issues.
    ======================================================

Hopefully the update is not too far away.

Martin

martymonster, Jul 1, 2022 Report

#2 Like Reply

Graham Lamb, Nov 17, 2022
  3. Drew

Colin Moderator

This statement unfortunately requires some correction.

The Recent Firmware releases for Wiser 2 have addressed security threats for Wiser 2 units that are exposed to the internet through Port forwarding the device to a public IP,

These Threats have been addressed by the removal of the Adobe Flash Client and Web Server from the Wiser 2 Which have been replaced by a new HTML Client with a new web services method for remote connection. The Wiser 2 Mobile Apps for Android and IOS have been updated to support this new remote connection methods.

The Smart Voice service is not Part of the Wiser 2 Development by Schneider Electric, but is recognized as a C-Bus enabled partner. At this time the Smart Voice service will require a updated in order to again be able to remotely connected to the Wiser 2 units using secure methods.

The current firmware for Wiser 2 using the newly implemented methods for remote connection, currently allow this connection to use both Http and Https, a Future update intended to be released shortly will limit remote connections to Https only.

Smart Voice have been informed of both the current and future intentions and operating needs of the firmware, and will be required to update the Smart Voice services to be compatible in order to retain operation with all current and Future Wiser 2 and SpaceLogic C-Bus Home Gateway devices.

The Message about certain ports not working with smart voice is outdated, it was true that an earlier release of firmware contained a defect that resulted in services mapped to an internal port other than 80 or 443 did not service any remote connection after the firmware update. This issue was resolved in the most recent firmware release.

The strong recommendation from Clipsal / Schneider Electric, is that customers of C-Bus Wiser 2 and the SpaceLogic C-Bus Home Gateway are to update the firmware of these devices, as this is the only way in which the product can address the published security vulnerabilities, While the product remains on the older firmware, it is again strongly advised that the device not be connected to the internet for remote access.

In following either of these directions Smart Voice will not operate with your device until such time as Smart Voice release an update to their service to be compatible to the new remote connection methods of the device.

Colin, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Drew

yamy125

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get any support from Smart Voice recently? I've tried countless times via multiple methods (ticket, email, phone) and getting donuts...

I've been with them for years just using Google, but wanted to leverage Siri. Purchased a bridge from them a couple of months ago, which hasn't worked with Home since setup. This was with a Wiser 2 on older firmware. I've since upgraded to latest firmware and have lost control via Google now also. Wonder if they actually care about this issue and what others have experienced with their 'support'?

Cheers

yamy125, Mar 19, 2023
  5. Drew

Graham Lamb

This was status on 20/02/23
    Smart voice 5200WHC2 not fixed at Smartvoice:
    Smartvoice systems have not updated their product for the 5200WHC2 integration, if you upgrade your 5200WHC2 firmware it will kill the smartvoice connection using the old
    software socket. I’m advised their system does work with 5500NAC/SHAC/5500AC2 products though due to their different “socket connection”.
    As my earlier post I am using SHAC to interface and is working well.
    Good luck

Graham Lamb, Mar 19, 2023
    yamy125 likes this.
Ask a Question