An Important Security Update is available for Wiser MK II & SpaceLogic C-Bus Home Controller.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by Colin, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Colin

Colin Moderator

Colin, Sep 2, 2022
    AsOk likes this.
  2. Colin

Ks04

One of the things that lead me to C-Bus was that it was open for consumers (Unlike many of the systems like Control4)... it seems more and more things are exclusive for EcoXperts which is frustrating..
    Any insight as to the update for us plebs?

Ks04, Sep 2, 2022
  3. Colin

Colin Moderator

My Apologies, The expectation here was that Anyone in the public domain including End Users and tinkerers or (Plebs as you so nicely put it) were able to Register with the SE Exchange and have access to all public Content,

So imagine my surprise when I tested this as a outsider to find Registration is possible. but channel access is not.

The issue has been raised. But will not be so quickly fixed. so I have created new Thread with all details and links to release notes and PICED the link is below

The intention was only to provide a single point of reference for such documentation and events like this. No intention to block consumers from access.

All such documents and software must be hosted on SE property for security reasons.

https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/...k-ii-spacelogic-c-bus-home-controllers.10949/

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    Colin, Sep 2, 2022
  4. Colin

Ks04

Thanks Colin! Nice to know it isn't on purpose! There seems to be a lot hidden behind the EcoExpert firewall it would be great if regular people could have access to as well.

Ks04, Sep 2, 2022
Ask a Question