Working Out which unit is the "Clock Gen Active"

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Charlie Crackle, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Is there any easy way to work out with this flash new software which module is the clock generator ??

The network I am looking at has
    1 x PC interface
    1 x CNI interface
    7 x Output Modules
    1 x B/W Touch Screen
    1 x Minder (sorry about using that word)

My understanding is these are the only modules that can generate a clock.

I have gone through each and looked at the status page. NONE have "Clock Gen Active" The CNI interface at Unit 1 has the "Burden Active".

All is working so there must be a clock.......

I suspect minder is generating the clock as I dont trust the "C-Bus Status" page on the PC_MIND2 as is shows the C-BUS Voltage as 0.0v (in red). Does the C-Bus Status page on the PC_MIND2 work in this new software ??

Charlie Crackle, Oct 30, 2004
  2. Charlie Crackle

Duncan

The PC_MIND2 status page SHOULD work, but I dont have one at home, I'll check at work on Monday and let you know.. given that you're seeing a Voltage of 0.0 I'd say somethings amiss.

Duncan, Oct 30, 2004
  3. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Is there an easy way to see who is the clock other than the way I described ??

(even using the old software or the Cbus Diag Software)

Charlie Crackle, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Charlie Crackle

Duncan

Charlie,

Yes, but not yet. We have a feature in the software that didnt make this release that details the Network Voltage and status of Clock/Burden for all units on a Network. You'll see it in a release soon

Duncan, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Charlie Crackle

allgo

My PC_MIND2 also showing voltage of 0.0.

allgo, Oct 31, 2004
  6. Charlie Crackle

george

No, C-Bus Toolkit GUI for minder is showing status parameters incorrectly. Unfortunately, there is no way software can check if minder is generating clock. C-Bus Network voltage information is not available either. So in the next release of the software all parameters will be removed from the Status page of the minder unit GUI.

Apparently the only way to check if minder is generating clock is to remove the lid and see if the LED on the Clipsal C-Bus board is blinking. According to the label on the back side of the lid, blinking LED means C-Bus network has power and minder is generating clock. You can also assume minder's clock generation is ON, if you see this status parameter OFF on all other units capable of generating clock.

Regards,
    George

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2004
    george, Nov 1, 2004
  7. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

You were right the LED was flashing....

Minder is the clock....

On this matter which is the best device for the clock.....

Newer PC interface, Output Unit.. (Minder....!!) touch screen.. device with newest firmware or does not matter.....

Is it better to have this unit at the end or some where in the middle.

Is the burden better in the same unit as the clock or some distance from the clock.

How does the clock "Election" Process happen at power on if all units powered on at same time and all have clock enabled.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Nov 1, 2004
  8. Charlie Crackle

Richo

Charles, I would suggest you ask these guestions in the hardware group. A) becuase the hardware guys can answer this ...most of us "softies" don't follow these things too closely. B) It's getting off topic for this thread C) It's getting off topic for the "beta software" forum.

Anyway, Newman, Darren or Ashliegh are all capable of answering this to a mind numbing level of detail and they tend to hang out on the hardware area.
    :D

Richo, Nov 1, 2004
  9. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

You are right reposted to hardware... : ;)

Charlie Crackle, Nov 1, 2004
Ask a Question