Wiser 2 User Profiles

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by Robbo_VIC, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Robbo_VIC

Robbo_VIC

Has anyone else used an additional User Profile on the Wiser 2 for the client so they are not using "Admin"?

I'm having an issue where I save the password into PICED for my second User (8 characters), then I upload the project to the Wiser 2 and it all works fine.
    If I then close PICED and reopen it, then transfer the Project again, I can no longer access using the second User as it says the password is wrong. When I open the User Profiles again i find that the password is now only 7 characters instead of 8. If i change it to the right password again then transfer, I can successfully login again. Even if I close the User Profiles then open again, it remains at the correct 8 characters, but as soon as I close PICED then open again, it changes to 7. The password is just made up of upper and lower case letters and numbers.

I'm using 4.13.0. I've also submitted to Support but just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

Robbo_VIC, Nov 19, 2015
  2. Robbo_VIC

Colin Smith

Reminds me of a fault with the old Philips Pronto IR remote range.
    Software would concatenate any leading zeros so "005" would become just "5" every time the project was reopened.
    Just a thought!

Colin Smith, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Robbo_VIC

Format

I've managed to setup my Wiser 2 with 3 users without any problems. Two passwords were Upper/Lower with numbers and the third was (admittedly not very secure) simply 7 lowercase letters.

Have you tried other passwords upper/lower/numeral combinations?

Format, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Robbo_VIC

Robbo_VIC

I haven't tried any other combinations yet. I'm no longer servicing this client so i'll give it another go when I get my next Wiser 2

Robbo_VIC, Dec 14, 2015
Ask a Question