Wiser 2 Program

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by dynajet, Nov 9, 2020.

1. dynajet

dynajet

I have a Wiser 1 now for 9 years. I would like to upgrade to the Wiser 2. Can I use my program on the Wiser 1 and load it into the Wiser 2 without any problems?

dynajet, Nov 9, 2020
  2. dynajet

chromus

You can copy all of the logic for sure and I recommend doing this 1st.

You should then be able to open the original programing for the Wiser1 in PICED and Save as a NEW project.

Setup to WIser2 from its GUI via a HDMI monitor or TV with a keyboard to the right IP address etc and then upload the project to the Wiser2 from PICED.

If u get any error messages about incompatibility then fix as per the errors. This will come down to how complex your original WISER config was.

WORD of Caution: There is a BIG firmware revision coming to move away from Flash on the W2 and you may want to wait for this if you have no immediate need for the W2 hardware.

chromus, Nov 11, 2020
  3. dynajet

dynajet

chromes, thanks for your help. I will wait until the firmware update to remove Flash is available. My Wiser 1 program is pretty straight forward. I want to do the upgrade to get any new features and give my old unit a rest after 9 years with no problems.

Thanks again,
    dynajet

dynajet, Nov 11, 2020
Ask a Question