Wiser 2 MRA Zone labels

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by Thomas, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Thomas

Thomas

Hi,

I am having some trouble to get Audio zone labels to display properly on the Wiser 2 app for Android. I am Using the MRA V3 Zone Widget.
    When selecting the MRA Zone Widget (not V3) then even in Piced it shows a source (Analogue 1) as Zone label. This seems to carry over into the V3 Widget when uploading and viewing via the app.

On the app I see is one of the source names for all zones, while when setting up in Piced, I see some arbitrary area name which isn't even used in the project.

On Wiser 1 units it all shows correctly, both on the app and when I set up in Piced.

Is this a known issue, and is this an app issue or is it an issue with Wiser 2.

Thomas, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Thomas

Thomas

Perhaps I should ask a bit differently:

Is there anyone who has managed to display the correct audio zone labels on Wiser 2, using the Wiser 2 app (Android)?
    If so, how?

Thomas, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Thomas

Wonkey

To answer if so how would entail starting a project from blank and explaining each stage.
    This may be the reason for the lack of responses.
    Reading your first post. I will offer a couple of suggestions that may help, but should also help the conversation move on.
    Are the descriptions in Marpa (project >>zones) correctly defined as you would like to see them.
    You mentioned Wiser 1 and Wiser 2 are you using the same project and just changing Device type in Piced?
    If yes this is really not the best idea and a new project should be created for Wiser 2
    Colin

Wonkey, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Thomas

Thomas

Thank you for your reply.
    I am probably not clear enough.

Each project is set up from scratch and in each case MARPA is set up for the relevant project. So there is no using Wiser 1 for a Wiser 2 project or visa versa.

What I meant to express is that before Wiser 1 was replaced with Wiser 2 (with relevant project updates) all zone labels showed up correctly on the Wiser 1 app.

After upgrading, zone labels are not shown correctly (using Wiser 2 app of course).
    You can even replicate this by simply selecting Wiser vs Wiser 2 in PICED and then applying the relevant MARPA widgets and data.
    You will see that when selecting Wiser, the widgets look good and smart, and when selecting Wiser 2, all is muddled up.

May I ask again if anyone has a Wiser 2 running properly as regards MRA widgets?

Thomas, Aug 6, 2018
  5. Thomas

Wonkey

Yes zone labels work correctly on Wiser 2.
    Running android 7 on this phone.
    Going on holiday tomorrow So hopefully somebody else wiĺl step in to help.
    Screenshot_20180807-001747.png

Wonkey, Aug 6, 2018
  6. Thomas

Thomas

Thank you again Wonkey,

This has turned into one of those issues... Following your screenshot I have changed settings and found the following:

The zone labels on the widgets do not work.
    The only way to get the zones to display is by assigning the widget to a Location. I didn't do this as I had run out of Locations on this project, and therefore used a Function group only for audio.

So, yes it works, sort of. I had preferred it if the widget would work properly, but the chances for that to happen still in the future are slim, seeing that the product will be discontinued in just a few months from now in any case.

Thomas, Aug 8, 2018
Ask a Question