Wiser 2 Help - Can't get to 1st base let alone beyond

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by pete_s_h, Nov 14, 2017.

1. pete_s_h

pete_s_h

I have been using C-bus Toolkit for several years to set up my C-bus network and have recently bought a Wiser 2 in order to use the Android app to control the various lights in the house. I have tried to use PICED to create a Wiser 2 test project to control a few lights in the Lounge and Kitchen. It is not clear how the project might look on the Wiser2 as the Simulation view produces a blank screen with the "This workspace is only used for testing Wiser 2 projects. Please muse the Widget Manager to create you project." When I try transferring the project to the Wiser 2 it says the transfer is successful and to wait for 90 seconds for the unit to reboot. After rebooting the C-bus light on the unit is red and I can only regain connectivity by doing a factory reset (ie loosing any programming which has been transferred) as the pressing the reset button for less than 10 seconds does not restore connectivity. I am at a loss as to how to proceed and would welcome any advice from anyone who as a functioning Wiser 2 setup.

pete_s_h, Nov 14, 2017
  2. pete_s_h

ChrisJC

Make sure this is done
    [​IMG]
    Two Port Forwardings in your modem if you're accessing remotely (I recommend using a port for the Wiser 2 into the 8000's e.g. 8319
    [​IMG]
    best of luck. I've set one up as a sample for tomorrow, Friday 17th November 2017 (Brisbane Australia Time) it's installed in a clients house with a completely different IP address - you wont be able to log in though.
    14.202.250.164:8282
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    ChrisJC, Nov 15, 2017
  3. pete_s_h

pete_s_h

Thanks ChrisJC
    I have tried transferring the test project to the Wiser 2 using the Direct Connection rather than the CNI as you suggested, Again the project transferred OK and this time the C-bus light came back on Green rather than Red and I still have Toolkit access via the Wiser CNI. However, when I try to log in to the Wiser using a browser it asks for the Username and Password and will not accept admin admin. Any ideas why this may be? If I can't get the Wiser to let me in I shall have to try a rest or two. Haven't time at present but may be able to tomorrow
    Thanks again.

pete_s_h, Nov 17, 2017
  4. pete_s_h

ChrisJC

Where did you get the Wiser 2? If it is a new one you wouldn't have to do this, if you're an integrator you should know all this. If the admin log-in isn't "admin" and "admin" it isn't new or you've got the Caps Lock on or you're capitalising first letter. There are two ways of resetting the Wiser 2 - partial reset and FULL reset back to factory settings.

The answer is simple to the inability of not being able to log-in. Wiser 2, unlike Wiser 1, uses profiles.

I can post the instructions if you like.

ChrisJC, Nov 17, 2017
  5. pete_s_h

phcjpp

As another poster said - you have overwritten the admin password when you uploaded the project. I did the same. There is a post somewhere on here that explains it. Essentially there is a menu in piced where you manage profiles - you can just add the admin profile back in if you like and give it a password. Re upload the project and all should be fine.

phcjpp, Nov 19, 2017
  6. pete_s_h

ChrisJC

You are right, it's under profiles. Where did you get your Wiser 2 from? I dare say it isn't new and still had a project on it but you don't know where to change the user names and passwords. It's there, easy to find and easy to change but why didn't you start with a brand new project and then you wouldn't be having this problem. You could do a factory reset and start afresh, that will work.

Integrators pay good money to learn how to do all this stuff, I think that I've given all the help I can; you have the answers.

ChrisJC, Nov 19, 2017
  7. pete_s_h

pete_s_h

Hi
    I have been on holiday and. only just had a chance to look at these comments. Thanks for the advice. As far as I know the Wiser is new but it did contain a Default Profile with an unknown Password. I have now reset the user and password to admin and admin and can access the unit after the transfer. I will change the log information before I open the project to the web.
    Thanks again

pete_s_h, Nov 25, 2017
  8. pete_s_h

TomA

Hi Pete
    I have the exact same issue with not being able to log in after transferring. How did you resolve the issue because I can't find anywhere where you can change a password?

TomA, Dec 23, 2017
  9. pete_s_h

Éirin

Hi TomA, as the guys explained above, on loading a new program to the Wiser2 from PICED you need to ensure your username / Password in the PICED (under profile) is as you require.

Éirin, Dec 27, 2017
Ask a Question