Wiser 2 and third party control integration

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by conor1, Sep 14, 2016.

1. conor1

conor1

Hi All,
    I'm currently configuring a project were we are using wiser 2 for storing scenes & schedules etc and wish to utilise one of the built in cni,s to interface on to a third party control system"Elan" which we our using for the control of house.
    I have used Wiser 1 on previous projects but this only has 1 cni to my understanding the Wiser 2 has 2 cni .
    I have scanned using ip utility and can only see 1 cni and when I try to edit its properties it comes back with error code access violation 005c11e2 in module "cbusiputility.exe" read of address 00000000.
    any help or thoughts much appreciated .
    I have pc interface if all else fails but would like to get the wser to work .

thanks in advance and thanks for reading .

Conor

conor1, Sep 14, 2016
  2. conor1

NickD Moderator

The Wiser1 had one CNI but this had to be shared with the Wiser's operational interface, so if you used it as a CNI with Toolkit for example, it had to take the Wiser offline.

The Wiser2 has 2 C-Bus interfaces, but one is reserved for its internal use, leaving the other one for use by Toolkit (or whatever).

I'm not sure why the IP Utility is crashing, but you can set the IP address and the ports used in the PICED Project settings. I've just had a look at this myself and to be honest it's a bit of a mess..

This is all under the "Wiser" tab..

On the "Properties" tab under this, Wiser2 uses the direct connection option, but (I think..) the port configured for the CNI is still set here (yes... I know this makes little sense).

On the "Access" tab, you set the port number for it to use for remote access. This defaults to 80.

Then on the LAN tab you set the IP address for the Wiser2 itself.

So your CNI should be at this address, on the port you selected on the "Properties" tab.

Let me know if this works.

Nick

NickD, Sep 16, 2016
  3. conor1

conor1

Hi Nick ,
    Thanks for the response I'm on site today so I'll give it a will and let you know how we get on .
    Cheers
    Conor

conor1, Sep 16, 2016
  4. conor1

conor1

IP utility was crashing as the texecom intruder IP interface was being picked up when scanning as it is manufactured by same company as cni .

conor1, Nov 15, 2016
Ask a Question