Virtual measurement channel?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Narkov, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Narkov

Narkov

Hi,

I have a home automation system that is pulling in room temperatures via a third party integration. I'd like to have this automation system push the room temperature to my eDLT's via cgate.

I don't have any C-Bus physical measurement devices and when I try to use cgate to push to a "virtual"/made-up channel, it complains that the device doesn't exist.

Response: 401 Bad object or device ID: //MYHOME/228/1/1 (Network not found)

The eDLT is set up to read the same measurement channel and when I use my SHAC to set a value it displays correctly however I can't trick cgate to just broadcast the value even though there is no device.

Any ideas?

Narkov, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Narkov

Ashley

The error is telling you the network does not exist as you have left it out and it is taking the measurement app as the network. You need:

measurement data //MYHOME/254/228/1/1 'value' 'multiplier' 'units'

Ashley, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Narkov

Narkov

Great pickup Ashley! Thanks for the quick response. Everything is working as expected now.

Narkov, Nov 12, 2019
Ask a Question