Using Logic to control Heater/fan/light (IXL)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Bellelilli, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Bellelilli

Bellelilli

Hi, I would like to set up my IXL so that when the heater is turned on, the light turns off but also maintain the light to be used onit's own as an on/off switch. Can I use Logic in Tool kit to do this, I have tried several scenarios but can't seem to get the right one

Bellelilli, Feb 16, 2010
  2. Bellelilli

Newman

Because you are wanting to turn one thing off in response to turning another thing on, you are going to need to write some logic code in a C-Bus product that contains the logic engine, such as a PAC or Colour C-Touch.

There might be a way to do it if you were to connect one of your loads to the normally-closed set of contact on a change-over relay... but if you need to buy a new unit to do this you'd be better off buying a 5500PACA.

Newman, Feb 16, 2010
  3. Bellelilli

Darren Senior Member

If you look in the PICED logic examples, there is an example of controlling the exhaust fan automatically from the light.

Darren, Feb 16, 2010
  4. Bellelilli

RossW

I did exactly this years ago - but without using a logic engine.

I have an old B&W c-touch. The bathrooms have 3 (relevant) switches for th IXL - one is the light, one is the heatlamps, one for the fan.

A short press of the light will toggle on/off (on runs a timer for I think 10 mins). A long press will turn the light on without a timer.

Same thing for the heatlamps - short press toggles (with timer), long press turns on and leaves it on.

Repeated again for the fan.

However, the heatlights trigger a scene in the c-touch. When heatlights go on, that scene turns the LIGHT off. You can manually turn the light back on if you so wish, but it's the act of turning ON the heatlamps that turns it off.

Works really well here.

RossW, Mar 7, 2010
Ask a Question