Using C-Bus Templates in Visio

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by MichaelCarey, Oct 16, 2004.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,
    While technically not a Clipsal software issue, I am using a template supplied by Clipsal so here we go....
    I have been busy drawing up a diagram of my home network, including data, phone and C-Bus. I have been able to use the C-Bus templates in my diagram without any problem, looks real schmick.
    But when I try to save as a .JPEG or .GIF, the Clipsal stuff isn't there! Everything else is OK, where the C-Bus stuff should be, is nothing!!
    Can someone out there point me in the right direction with this one?
    Regards,
    Michael.

MichaelCarey, Oct 16, 2004
  2. MichaelCarey

Steve Tester

Hi Michael,

Look into the Layer Properties, maybe your C-Bus layer is not activated to print.

Steve Tester, Oct 27, 2004
  3. MichaelCarey

BeoLinker

Hi,

On a related subject; maybe Visio could be used as an alternative means of C-Bus setup i.e. design your topology as a Visio diagram and download it via the PC/LAN Link using an ODBC driver to connect and update the Clipsal C-Bus database tables.

Just a thought (although not the time!)

Cheers
    Greg...

BeoLinker, Oct 30, 2004
  4. MichaelCarey

Duncan

Hi Greg,

Watch this space.

Duncan, Oct 30, 2004
  5. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

I do not have a C-Bus layer in Layer Properties?
    Am I doing something wrong, please bear in mind this is the first time I have used Visio for anything remotly serious. So I could use the C-Bus stencils, I just opened them from where I extracted them after downloading from CIS.
    I then happily added them to my network diagram and while I can print OK, saving to JPEG or GIF doesn't work....
    Can someone please point me in the right direction?
    Regards,
    Michael.

MichaelCarey, Oct 30, 2004
  6. MichaelCarey

BeoLinker

Michael,

Multi select the C-Bus shapes on your diagram, then right click to get a list of options, select Format | Layer. Add a new layer and give it a name. Ensure the new layer is checked (and no other to avoid cross-settings)

From the main menu select View | Layer Properties and you should see your new layer in the list and the "Print" option checked (if not check it).

If this does not print then it aint a layer issue!

Hope this helps
    Greg...

BeoLinker, Oct 30, 2004
  7. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Well, I give up!
    I still cannot save a picture of my network with the C-Bus stencils visible. JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG, none of these have the C-Bus stencils.
    Everything else is OK, when I save the drawing, everything comes back when I load it. Printing is still OK.
    Oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to fork out for a newer version of Visio.

MichaelCarey, Oct 30, 2004
  8. MichaelCarey

BeoLinker

Micheal,

You can email me an example drawing with the problems and I will take a look them through Visio 2004 if this is any help?

Cheers
    Greg...

BeoLinker, Oct 30, 2004
Ask a Question