Using a 5100TAU for Blind control

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by Keemin, May 17, 2006.

1. Keemin

Keemin

I wasn't sure what forum this belonged in, but it is the CB_CBTI that is causing me some grief. At the moment I have purchased the hardware and bench testing it.

A client wants to control his blinds via a telephone interface. I've attached screen shots of how I set up the NEO keys to control the blind. Up is one output channel, down is another. As long as the corresponding key is pressed the output is on, the other is off. (I don't want both on together.) When at the Key any level of height is possible. Via telephone, the blind will be either fully up or fully down.

Creating two scenes on the NEO to simulate what the TI will do was easy enough.

Is it possible to have the TI simulate a key press on the NEO, I might be missing something obvious here but I can't work out how to do it using software?

One solution I've come up with is to get the TI to switch a change-over relay output and feed the NO & NC into a C5104BL C-BUS Bus coupler and use all the blocks to switch the groups. "ON" would have one key on (i.e. UP), and "OFF" would have the other key on (i.e. Down) It's an expensive solution, and a waste of hardware. I lose a relay and have to purchase a Bus Coupler.

Or I could use two commands / groups in the TI, switch two relay contacts and feed them into individual key inputs on the coupler (less desirable of both undesirable work arounds).

(Status reporting would be inaccurate, but that's not a problem, if you want the blinds up - send them up. If you want them down - send them down. No need to know if they're up or down before issuing the command)

Basically, is it at all possible to give the TI outputs the same functions as a Key?

Thanks in advance.

(NEO blocks)
    [​IMG]

(NEO Key function)
    [​IMG]

Keemin, May 17, 2006
  2. Keemin

ashleigh Moderator

The CBTI does not support triggering scenes.

It's on the wish list, with about a million other things, so it won't happen any time soon.

You *should* be able to fake a scene trigger in the CBTI by:

1. Make the OPEN and CLOSE scenes in you Neo triggered by whatever Trigger Group you want, and use Action Selectors of 255 (hex FF) for OPEN and 0 for CLOSE.

2. making a "device" that lives in the Trigger Control application. Set the device so that its group is the same as the Trigger Group you used in step 1.

Then, when you turn that device ON, it should issue an ON command to the Trigger Group used in your Neo. The ON command is equivalent to setting the Action Selector to 255.

similar magic mapping is going on for the OFF case.

So, it should be possible to turn the device ON to open the blind, and OFF to close it.

This is not perfect, and I don't haev a setup in front of me to check it out, but off the top of my head I can't see why it would not work.

ashleigh, May 17, 2006
  3. Keemin

Keemin

[​IMG] Thanks Ashleigh, you solution worked like a charm. :)

Keemin, May 17, 2006
  4. Keemin

ashleigh Moderator

Oh hooray!!! Pleased to help!

ashleigh, May 18, 2006
  5. Keemin

eleroAustralia

Just wondering:

Is there a delay time between the up and the down directions programmed?

Otherwise you might damage the motors over time and another solution might be required.

eleroAustralia, Jul 17, 2007
Ask a Question