Using a 4CH Bus Coupler & Trigger Groups

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jay, Feb 8, 2005.

1. jay

jay

Is it possible to have more than 2 Trigger presets available for the 4CH Bus Coupler?
    I have setup a trigger group called "AlarmPanel" with 3 action values: "Armed", "Disarmed" & "Alarm". I would like to assign each of these action groups to 3 channels of a Bus Coupler to trigger scenes from a touch screen but there are only 2 Trigger presets available: "Trigger 1" & "Trigger 2".
    I tried the "Custom" option from the drop down list but there is no button to edit the parameters - is this a bug?
    How could I assign the third action group to a channel?
    Cheers

BTW: Using Toolkit 1.14

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
    jay, Feb 8, 2005
  2. jay

Michael

if i recall.......

Because all scenes are being triggered from a touchscreen, it should be possible to recall a level as the third function.

ie. set key function for ch3 of the bus coupler to:
    recall1, offkey, recall1, offkey.

create an action selector at 127 ($7F) and set recall1 on the bus coupler to 50%.

When programming the touchscreen, just select the appropriate action selector

I havn't tried this yet...... but cant see any problems

Cheers

Michael, Feb 8, 2005
  3. jay

Newman

If I understand Jay correctly he's assigned all 4 inputs of the Bus Coupler to Application $CA so that he can remotely trigger Scenes. He now wants to remotely trigger 3 Scenes but there are only 2 RECALL's available to do so and they're already used up on the first and second remote triggers.

This is not a bug, this is a property of all C-Bus input units.

To trigger 3 remote Scenes just assign Action Selector $00 to the third event/Scene you want to remotely trigger. Then assign the key functions for that input to OFFKEY, IDLE, IDLE, IDLE. That way when the 3rd input is "pressed" Action Selector $00 will be set, i.e. level 0%.

I'd also make sure that the microfunctions for the other two inputs are RECALL1, IDLE, IDLE, IDLE and RECALL2, IDLE, IDLE, IDLE. There is one small problem with what you suggest Michael and that is that the indicator for the Scene would go out as soon as you released your finger from the button.

Newman, Feb 8, 2005
  4. jay

Wonkey

I believe that as the arm and disarm output will most likely come from the same Aux output from the alarm panel, it would make more sense to remotley trigger your scenes at 0% and 100% for disarm and arm respectively
    This would only use one channel of your Bus coupler and could use a a single group address on the touch screen for the remote trigger.
    The Alarm Status being reported on another Group address to trigger the scene
    Set both channel up as follows
    Short press Recall 1
    Short release Recall 2
    Long press Recall 1
    Long release Recall 2

Where Recall 1 is set to 100% and Recall 2 is set to 0%
    I find using this to be better than using ONKey and OFFkey commands

Doing it this way you also have the option of a 4th scene if you wish for after an alarm has been cleared from the panel, just make sure this scene does not contradict your OFF scene

Wonkey, Feb 8, 2005
Ask a Question