US based.. need Wiser help

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by emillika, Nov 2, 2019.

1. emillika

emillika

Back in the day when the product was offered here I went all in with Cbus2. I've been relying on the DLT & other wall units but would like to come back at this to see what's available so that I can again jump in and be excited about this investment. The dimmer\system have been rock solid but little to know automation as I got turned off years ago by the slowness to get Wiser out and then being dropped here in the US all together.

Any good reading I can do to get a current state of the offerings that would allow us to use our Android, Ios and Alexa toys from around the house?

Thanks.

emillika, Nov 2, 2019
  2. emillika

Wonkey

I presume you have Wiser 2 on your C-Bus system as you posted in this section.
    If I am correct then consider buying a Raspberry Pi. And investigate homebridge and consider the homebridge-wiser plugin.
    The voice section of this forum has some info.
    There are a couple of methods that I have recently played to control C-Bus from my google home. homebridge-wiser plugin as I have mention and the homebridge-c-bus plugin which requires a little more understanding of C-Bus and C-Gate also running this is a little more involved.
    Quick run own of one of the possible ways to do it.
    Buy Rasp Pi 3+
    Install Raspbian OS on it
    Install Nodejs
    install homebridge
    install homebridge-wiser plugin
    figure out how to set up the config.json file (that's where most of my time was spent)
    But be warned you are playing with free software and at time it can be frustrating but when you get there the results are good.
    Downside can be the delay from you asking to turn the lights on to it actually happening.
    In my case madam google not understanding the instruction and other stuff happening.
    There's loads of info on the web, start on this forum, then search homebridge.
    Have fun
    Colin

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Wonkey, Nov 5, 2019
Ask a Question