Urgent need help

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by CLD, Feb 9, 2005.

1. CLD

CLD

need help has anyone heard of a system called elephant automation systems

used in a couple of nursing homes and if you have does it intergrate with cbus

CLD, Feb 9, 2005
  2. CLD

Hi CLD,
    I have never heard of that particular automation system, but there are a number of ways that the two systems could interface together. However I would NOT recommend using C-Bus for any type of critical application (not to say that it can?t be done).

Anyway, as I mentioned there are a number of ways to connect to 3rd party systems.

If the elephant automation system allows communications through a serial port, then you can connect it to the PC Interface. Alternatively, if there is an Ethernet Port, you can connect it through CNI?s. You can get the elephant automation system to send C-Bus commands onto the C-Bus turning lights on and off etc. The problem here is that this only allows one-way integration (from elephant automation system to C-Bus).

Another option would be to see if there are any types of outputs on the elephant automation system. If there are dry contacts on the unit, C-Bus will allow for integration via the Aux I/P or Bus Coupler. If there is a variable voltage or resistance, then the General input unit could be used for integration.

I guess at the end of the day, integration between two systems depends on the available connection methods.

Vai

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
    Age, Feb 10, 2005
Ask a Question