Upgraded Toolkit and now can't Access network?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by PMF, Feb 6, 2019.

1. PMF

PMF

I haven't worked on my C-BUS network in several years but as I am considering buying a Wiser 2 controller I though I should check it out before buying.

I was running Toolkit 1.11.12 and everything was fine accessing via a USB-> serial adapter. I then installed latest version (1.15.5) and performed a scan - the scan finds the PCI, but fails to identify the project name and therefore I cannot get access to my C-BUS network.

Downgrading back to 1.11.12 and everything fine again. I then found that any Toolkit after 1.11.12 fails in the same way.

Is anyone able to suggest what may be causing this? Will Toolkit talk to my network via a Wiser 2 ethernet connection?

Thanks

PMF, Feb 6, 2019
  2. PMF

jboer

Hey PMF,

I can almost guarantee that it will be your USB-Serial adaptor. You will probably find that it is a Prolific chipset which for multiple reasons it seems stopped working after toolkit 1.12. If you can get yourself a FTDI adaptor it will work fine.

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/interface-development-kits/0429274/

You will find a lot of posts suggesting you buy them from Dontronics, but Don hung up his hat mid last year so I have found RS to be the best source.

HOWEVER in response to your last question, yes it would enable Toolkit to talk without needing the above adaptor, BUT and others should correct me if they disagree but I would not be buying a Wiser unit, Look at the SHAC controllers as they are a new product and will be around for hopefully a lot longer. Where as the Wiser will probably be discontinued once Flash is out the door. Similar price too I believe.

jboer, Feb 7, 2019
  3. PMF

PMF

Thanks replacement USB-Serial adapter nailed it!

PMF, Feb 7, 2019
    jboer likes this.
Ask a Question