Unreponsive Wiser 2

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by pgardiner, Aug 1, 2019.

1. pgardiner

ramiksaad

Thanks a lot my friend.

I’ll try and will let u know.
    Btw where can I find the SD card ? Is it an internal component ?

ramiksaad, Jan 9, 2021
    1. Advertisements

2. pgardiner

Diggerz

Yes, its internal. You will need to remove the hard plastic cover from the top of the unit and remove the screws to open the case. The SD card is located to one side of the blue PCB, in my case there was some white paste/glue to keep it in place which may help you locate it.

Diggerz, Jan 9, 2021
    zei20t likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. pgardiner

zei20t

i love the look of them, works perfectly with my modern house. but yes, the top button feels shonky compared to the others.

zei20t, Jan 10, 2021
  4. pgardiner

zei20t

ok so the firmware isnt on that 8gb SD card

your project file is definitely on there though, user password file (passwords are hashed) and some other config files. also a ripple playlist file. weird.

zei20t, Jan 10, 2021
    Diggerz likes this.
  5. pgardiner

ramiksaad

Can you please mark the SD Card from the images below ?
    https://fccid.io/WZCWHC25918/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-2116274.pdf

ramiksaad, Jan 10, 2021
  6. pgardiner

Diggerz

For those with faults I still think it would be worth while contacting Clipsal tech support and diagnosing the LED fault code displayed, I’d be interested in what they have to say, might be helpful to others too.

Reading the Wiser2 manual it may be possible to perform a firmware upgrade by placing a wiser2 firmware file on the SD card. may be able to use the front slot too rather than accessing the internal SD? This is assuming something is corrupt with the firmware.

https://www.noushouse.com.au/brochu...C-Bus-Wiser2-5200WHC2-Installation-Manual.pdf
    page 8.
    I haven’t tried it so Im not sure if it will help or potentially cause more issues / further brick the device. So proceed with caution if you choose to give it a go.

Diggerz, Jan 10, 2021
    zei20t likes this.
  7. pgardiner

Ashley W

There is a newer version of that manual which has details about how to use the USB/SD card slot at the front. Basically copy the firmware image from PICED and rename it and away it goes. But reading that manual it only seems to work as an upgrade and already needs to be running. I tried that on mine with no success. I just tried to find that manual but cannot see it even on the Wiser2 webpage on se.com.

I have sent mine back for repair, but the pictures above are interesting as I still cannot see the internal SD card in those pics.

Ashley W, Jan 11, 2021
  8. pgardiner

Diggerz

Looking at the first Pic I believe it’s on the south end of the RED PCB, just the lip of the SD card is showing as the mount is on the under side of the red PCB. You should be able to use your fingernail to pull it out.

the image on page 6 gives a better view and the image on page 13 shows the underside with the SD card caddy on the bottom right

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Diggerz, Jan 11, 2021
  9. pgardiner

Ashley W

Thanks for that, now it is pointed out it does stand out, it is actually a MicoSD card so quite small which is not what I was looking for! Actually the second picture on page 13 shows it even better, it is in the bottom right.

Ashley W, Jan 11, 2021
    Diggerz likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question