Unreponsive Wiser 2

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by pgardiner, Aug 1, 2019.

1. pgardiner

pgardiner

Chromos, thats understood, given I have several clients £900.00 bricks on my desk using the forum was the last resort, I have sent multiple requests for support in the UK and Aus, it always goes dead. I have great links to support in the UK but again nothing happens.
    Diggerz, intresting, i've been exploring the internal SD card, its alive and i've copied the contents as a backup. Booted with and without SD card, with a blank formated new SD card and still the same. Reluctand to open a good clients unit to get a copy, dont want to break that !
    Anyone have a back up of a working SD card.
    If this is all Clipsal do in Aus then it sounds like a promising route to a fix.

pgardiner, Dec 2, 2020
  2. pgardiner

Diggerz

Not sure if it will work for you with your particular fault, but it certainty worked for me. I had a similar issue, a red and yellow indicator light. I can’t recall the specific indicators, but the unit simply wouldn’t boot. I met up with a contact at Clipsal in Vic and he re-flashed the SD card with a backup from a training unit and after that it booted up. That was probably 3-4 years ago now It’s been fine ever since. Again I can’t say if it will work for your particular situation, but worth a try. If it doesn’t work then I think your only option is to peruse Clipsal tech support for an RMA repair. If I get some time over the weekend I’ll take an image and throw you a link. Have you been able to look up the indicator fault in the wiser manual?

Diggerz, Dec 3, 2020
    leko4u likes this.
  3. pgardiner

pgardiner

Diggerz, Indicators are Power Light solid green, MRA Solid Orange, the status doesnt corrolate with any dsescription in the user manual. If you follow the factory reset process, hold reset and power on holding the reset it eventually goes to Power solid on all the time. Power off and on and we are back in the first loop!
    A image of the SD card would be a great help, many thanks.

pgardiner, Dec 3, 2020
  4. pgardiner

Diggerz

Sorry, I've been caught up with work and the Christmas rush, I've sent you a PM with an image. Hopefully it helps, if not you may be experiencing a different issue to mine. Clipsal Tech support would be your next option if you haven't tried already.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Diggerz, Dec 12, 2020
  5. pgardiner

Ashley W

I now have the same issue, just curious as to how you got the covers off to get inside? I've had a look and it's not obvious.

Ashley W, Jan 3, 2021
  6. pgardiner

bmerrick

Hi AshleyW,

The front acrylic panel with Clipsal on it pops off by pushing really hard on the two button tabs in the cable area. Under the cover is the Zigbee dongle socket and also a number of screw holes covered by what is best described as like black 'old style power point / light switch' screw caps, the ones you need to pry up/out with a small screwdriver. The case screws are underneath. This will obviously void your warranty so only do it if you are outside of already.

Cheers,

Brad

bmerrick, Jan 3, 2021
  7. pgardiner

Ashley W

Thanks for that. That is what I suspected but wasn’t sure enough to go playing around with it. And no issues with warranty it is an April 2015 model.

Ashley W, Jan 3, 2021
  8. pgardiner

zei20t

whats the warranty period on one? mines probably just over 3 years old now.

ill remove the SD card and save a copy of the image for people to download.

that said, mines been fine, only powered with PoE and not 24v PSU. could be the supply causing the problem?

EDIT: Warranty is 2 years.

zei20t, Jan 4, 2021
  9. pgardiner

Ashley W

I got mine open and inside I couldn't see anything that was obviously removable like an SD card etc.

Ashley W, Jan 4, 2021
  10. pgardiner

msniper

Hey Diggerz,
    Could you please PM me that image too?
    Thanks
    Richard

msniper, Jan 4, 2021
  11. pgardiner

chromus

FWIW the 2 year warranty is just words you will find that Clipsal is a bit more flexible as consumer law would expect such a device to have a much longer lifespan than that and that trumps any manufacturer representations providing uve not done dumb things to the device.

chromus, Jan 5, 2021
  12. pgardiner

Damaxx

Not to derail the thread, I put in a warranty claim for my edlt switch that were shedding paint after 5 years in service and to my surprise, was sent a sparky to install a new switch (poor bloke was a young sparky with no idea of C-Bus, sent to another sparkies house and had to be guided through it... oh the humanity!)

Damaxx, Jan 5, 2021
    msniper likes this.
  13. pgardiner

msniper

WOW! Who did you contact? I have some the same...

msniper, Jan 5, 2021
  14. pgardiner

Damaxx

https://www.clipsal.com/warranty
    Filled out the form, uploaded some photos and waited for a response.
    I was hoping to be sent a set of replacement buttons but as I said, they sent a sparky with a replacement eDLT.

Damaxx, Jan 5, 2021
    zei20t likes this.
  15. pgardiner

zei20t

ive got a few zen edlts that the top buttons are a bit wonky. probably 3 years old. maybe ill try this.

thanks!

zei20t, Jan 7, 2021
  16. pgardiner

Ashley W

Those things are plain awful, always feel loose. But not a bad look.

Ashley W, Jan 7, 2021
  17. pgardiner

ramiksaad

Hi can you please send me the Imge file for the SD Card Wiser 2
    Please or email it to me

[email protected]

ramiksaad, Jan 8, 2021
  18. pgardiner

chromus

Posting your email address on a forum like that is just asking for spam, forums are scraped by bots all the time looking for email address's to add to lists that are then sold to spammers

chromus, Jan 9, 2021
  19. pgardiner

ramiksaad

Hi would u be able to share with me the SD Card image for Wiser 2 since mine is corrupted and I live outside of Australia, unable to send for maintenance.

please!

ramiksaad, Jan 9, 2021
  20. pgardiner

Diggerz

no problem, ill send you a pm. The re-flash didnt work for pgardnier, but worth a try. Seems a few people are experiencing a similar issue with the Wiser 2 suddenly not booting, perhaps there is a component failure that is surfacing after x years of operation? I wonder how may hardware versions there are out there and if one in particular is showing its age.

If possible id try getting in touch with Clipsal tech support and mentioning the LED fault state, hopefully they can determine the problem.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Diggerz, Jan 9, 2021
Ask a Question