unitspec files

Discussion in 'C-Gate Developers' started by simonhac, Feb 17, 2017.

1. simonhac

simonhac

taking a look at the files in the `unitspec` folder, i note that the device XML files have a `.s` suffix.

these files open as gobbledegook on my machine -- they are clearly encoded or encrypted.

es file.png

the first line and the repetitions are eerily similar in structure to standard XML files.

is there a tool to decode them?

simonhac, Feb 17, 2017
  2. simonhac

simonhac

thanks @tsman -- i figured they might be encrypted / private data.

i'm trying to interpret some of the less obvious properties on units (to display, not configure) in the DBGETXML response and thought that unit spec files would likely include metadata that'd be a more reliable guide than simple reverse engineering.

instead of reading the files, i'll put some questions out to the forum as i come across them.

thanks, simon

simonhac, Feb 23, 2017
  3. simonhac

simonhac

following on from my earlier email, i'm hoping to find the data behind this table:

unittypes.png

i've entered a subset of the table by hand, but it's a fools errand to rekey the whole shebang.

this is for the homebridge-cbus project (see github), which uses the device metadata to understand how to interpret some of the <PP> properties returned by DBGETXML. (in particular, i need to know number of output channels and category for each unit type. the catalog number and description are nice-to-haves.)

rather than completing the table by hand, could some nice person from clipsal please post a soft copy, or otherwise suggest how i can build up a copy from the files in the standard cgate distribution?

thanks,
    simon

simonhac, Apr 26, 2017
  4. simonhac

NickD Moderator

From memory, most, if not all, of that comes from cbusunits.xml, which is not encrypted.

Nick

NickD, Apr 27, 2017
  5. simonhac

simonhac

thank you so much nick -- i didn't see the non-encrypted versions among the rest of the files.

that file is exactly what i'm looking for.

thanks,
    simon

simonhac, Apr 27, 2017
Ask a Question