units not calculated

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by liorpeled, Aug 14, 2016.

1. liorpeled

liorpeled

hi.
    i had a few problems with blinds.
    i saw at the problematic projects that units not calculated. and it seems the edlt are the units which not calculated.
    some one knows why its not calculated them?
    thanks

liorpeled, Aug 14, 2016
  2. liorpeled

rhamer

I have just come across this problem also.

I have just loaded a new project with 2 networks.
    All the units bar a couple were loaded via barcode scanning and all looks good except for the network calculations.

Capture1.PNG
    Capture2.PNG

Any ideas on what is going on?

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Oct 27, 2016
  3. liorpeled

rhamer

OK, so I RTFM and it looks like the network has to actually be running for the calculation to work. So I can't use it to confirm my design?

Seems odd that it can calculate for some units (obviously based on known current consumption for those units) but not others.

Am I missing the point somewhere?

Rohan

rhamer, Oct 27, 2016
  4. liorpeled

NickD Moderator

I will ask... it seems to me it should be possible to do better than that without the network being online.

The only reason I can think is it might want to interrogate units to find out if they have burdens active, but I don't see why it couldn't make an attempt and at least warn that software burdens could affect the result.

Any idea what those 30 units are?

Nick

NickD, Oct 28, 2016
  5. liorpeled

daniel C-Busser Moderator

A couple of things you can check first:

(1) The calculator uses the database model only, so if you're making changes live make sure you transfer all unit programming to the database as well before you check the calculator tab.

(2) The calculator relies on Catalog Numbers, so make sure all your units have the correct one specified. Populating the database by scanning barcodes does help with this, but when units are discovered through live network scanning you need to manually input/correct the catalog numbers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
    daniel, Oct 28, 2016
  6. liorpeled

rhamer

Thanks Nick.

No I don't know what the actual units are and I actually wondered if it was just tripping up on one then stopping.

The reason I say that was at first I loaded all the output units and I THINK it was all good as it was at that point I realised I would need to split the network because it was too big. I had nearly 2000ma used and no input units yet.

So I created a second network and added all the input units as required to both networks (the second network only has input units/PS/Bridge) and then went to see how the calculations looked.
    All of a sudden I had power to spare until I realised it hadn't calculated all units and in fact had now missed some that were there before.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Oct 28, 2016
  7. liorpeled

rhamer

Thanks Daniel,

All units were scanned except the bridge (which was done through the network wizard) and a L5504D2A which returned "Scanned Unit Type Unknown" this dimmer is dated 23-Jul-12 even though it was just bought (thanks Middy's).
    Given that though, Both networks are showing uncalculated units.

There is no live network yet, this is just the pre install configuration.

BTW the L5504D2A scans as "2L5504D2A 001007723404"

Cheers

Rohan

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
    rhamer, Oct 28, 2016
  8. liorpeled

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hmm, I've just realised that if we had included "Catalog Number" as a column in the UI it would be much easier to diagnose via screenshot :)

If you choose "Document Database" and untick personally identifying fields you can make a CSV with just these values:

Code:
    Unit Address,Unit Type,Catalog Number,Firmware Version,
    1,PCLOCAL4,5500PC,4.2.00,
    9,SENPIRSS,5751,1.2.67,
    11,SENTEMP,5031TS,1.00,
    We might be able to figure out the misbehaving units from that. Or you can make a temporary copy of your project and delete units one by one to see how the calculator numbers change.

daniel, Oct 28, 2016
  9. liorpeled

rhamer

I have had a play around with a copies of the project and I am getting inconsistent results.

PM me with an email address and I'll send you the whole project as it stands.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Oct 28, 2016
Ask a Question