Understanding DB* commands

Discussion in 'C-Gate Developers' started by more-solutions, Mar 7, 2013.

1. more-solutions

more-solutions

I have C-Gate running, and have used Toolkit to make some changes. If I connect to C-gate and type:
    DBVERIFY
    I get lots of differences (238 in my case).

As I understand it, TK saves the project on any change (just looking at when the .XML and .XML.old files get updated), so I don't understand why the database isn't accurate (assuming my project matches the network, which it should). The differences I'm shown are a bit vague too:
    19 missing from C-Bus (Group not defined in C-Gate)
    136 missing from C-Bus (Application not defined in C-Gate)
    (no clue as to which network)
    Clearly I don't understand how the DB fits into the picture, unless the list I am given really does just tell me that we have lots of things different between the project and the network?

The reason I'm playing with this is that I need to update several hundred group address names, and want to do it programatically using DBSET <net>/<app>/<grp>/TagName, but last time I tried this I made a right mess of things and ended up with a project that wouldn't even load.</grp></app></net>

more-solutions, Mar 7, 2013
  2. more-solutions

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Paraphrased from our bugtracker:

You've stumbled across an ancient command that nobody knows anything about.

Sorry :(

daniel, Apr 23, 2013
  3. more-solutions

more-solutions

OK, thanks for letting me know though!

Might be worth removing it from the docs and c-gate help commands? By all means leave the actual command in case of breaking someone's code but it should be safe to un-document it I would have thought?

more-solutions, Apr 23, 2013
Ask a Question