two groups, one with timer, controlled by one button

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by scott d, Dec 22, 2010.

1. scott d

scott d

Hi all, I have been trying to work something out, A client currently has no touchscreen at this point and needs to achieve the following
    when you walk into the bathroom and turn on the light the hot water reticulator needs to run for two mins to get hotwater to the tap straight away, now to take this further there are 3 bathrooms and this feature is required no matter which bathroom light is switched on, further more if a light is turned on in another bathroom once reticulator is already running from another bathroom which has triggered it, the timer for the reticulator is not to begin again or add to the timer that is already running.
    Ive tried various ways of doing this and cant seem to work it out, I am thinking only possible with logic in touchscreen, any ideas???
    Btw he only has Saturn switches

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    scott d, Dec 22, 2010
  2. scott d

Don

almost

You can satisfy your first requirement with Saturn switches by simply using the blocks tab in Toolkit to associate the button that controls the lights to a second group for the heater. The key function can be configured as a toggle timer or toggle dimmer, but set the time interval for the light to 0 (zero). The result of this is that the action of turning on the light will also turn on the heater, but the heater will time out in the timer interval, whereas the light will remain on (an interval of 0 represents disabled timer for that block).

This fails to meet your second requirement however, which is the timer should not be re-triggered by another bathroom light being turned on once it has started (I suspect also you will need to define some 'reset' period to enable the timers to work again at some stage).

The action you are after seems a lot like the way a shutter relay operates, but the contacts on a shutter relay are unlikely to be up to the job of controlling a heater.

To achieve the second requirement, you really need some logic in touchscreen or PAC.

Don, Dec 23, 2010
  3. scott d

scott d

Though so

Thane heaps for that, yep I could get it going through the blocks but yep the timer adding etc was my problem, thought

would need some type of logic

scott d, Dec 24, 2010
Ask a Question