Trouble conneting via C-Bus Toolkit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by lavigha98, Nov 27, 2017.

1. lavigha98

lavigha98

Hey guys,
    So I have pretty limited knowledge of the C-Bus toolkit, but basically my computer that I have the controls for my home died & I dont have a backup. Anyway im trying to connect to the network via the USB cable. But when I try open the network in the toolkit I get the error "The port specified is in use. Cannot open network". Any ideas on what ive done wrong?

lavigha98, Nov 27, 2017
  2. lavigha98

Shiney2512

You need to change USB port to another Irq address (USB port address,) , I normally either plug the interface into another USB port or restart the computer. You might need to manually change the port address of the USB port through device manager.

Then toolkit go to find networks and select your interface, then try to scan for networks.

Shiney2512, Nov 27, 2017
  3. lavigha98

lavigha98

Thanks! Turns out I had to disable driver signing in Windows 10.

lavigha98, Nov 29, 2017
  4. lavigha98

TomA

I have the same problem. I only recently did my course so am still a novice.
    When I plug into the PC interface with the usb cord into com port 3 (same com port used when doing the course on the exact same computer) and I press find cbus networks and scan com port, it says com3 usb "port in use" and won't allow me to open project.
    So then if I open new project and select "open network I get error 23112 "the port specified for the network is in use. Cannot open the network"
    Please help

TomA, Dec 21, 2017
  5. lavigha98

lavigha98

I found that I had to boot with driver signing disabled. If you accidently power down or the power goes out, you have to manually restart & disable driver signing again. Bit of a pain, but it seems to be the only workaround. To do this, press shift + the restart button in windows, then once the troubleshoot screen comes up go: Troubleshoot>Startup Settings>Restart>7

lavigha98, Dec 21, 2017
    TomA likes this.
  6. lavigha98

NickD Moderator

Sounds like some other program has the port open.

I don't profess to understand all the magic that goes on with COM port numbers and USB devices... but I wouldb;t be 100% sure that just because you plugged into the same USB port that you will end up with the same COM port number. If you open up device manager you should be able to see what's what. The USB PCI should be clearly identified under "Ports" as a "C-Bus Wired PC Interface (5500PCU)" followed by the COM port number.

If it genuinely is the right port, it's possible that if it wasn't disconnected correctly that the port might not have been released... try restarting the PC.

Nick

NickD, Dec 21, 2017
  7. lavigha98

TomA

Thanks a lot lavigha it worked!

TomA, Dec 21, 2017
Ask a Question