Toolkit software on Mac?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Tas_Sparx, May 15, 2010.

1. Tas_Sparx

Tas_Sparx

Hi all,

I am in the process of booking in to do my first C-Bus course but was wondering about connecting to the system via laptop.

I run a new MacBook Pro with Parallels installed running Windows XP as a virtual machine. I can run certain programs for equipment that I have that use USB connectivity (Kyoritsu meter, Rhino labeller, etc..) but was wondering if anyone has had experience working on C-Bus whilst using a Mac?

Cheers,

Tas_Sparx,
    Hobart.

Tas_Sparx, May 15, 2010
  2. Tas_Sparx

7iron

I've run toolkit with parallels on a Mac for a couple of years and it works well.

If I was going to make a career as a C-Bus installer I would get a PC so the idiosyncrasies of Parallels didn't get in the way.

7iron, May 16, 2010
  3. Tas_Sparx

SSuteboy

I Do all my programing on a mac useing VMware Fusion and have never had problems. Never tryed parallels got a copy of the trial version but never tryed it because VMware works so well.

Never had any problem conecting to any C-bus equipment including cni usb rs232 interfaces. Also touchscrens old and new NIRT units.

It is great to be able to enjoy the creter conforts of the Mac and still beable to do you work on it as well
    Good luck

SSuteboy, May 16, 2010
Ask a Question