Toolkit project storage

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by adgilcan, Oct 14, 2010.

1. adgilcan

adgilcan

Hi

I am new to C-Bus and finding my way around its many features whilst designing and installing a fairly large domestic project.

I am using Toolkit version 1.11.2 running under Parallels on a Mac.

My question is where is the project stored? I can back up and restore projects to/from a place of my choosing but I cannot find the *.bus files associated with my projects. I would like to store them on my server. When I installed Toolkit I used only the default settings. The documentation on the Clipsal website that I have seen is VERY old and refers to Installation Software V2.0 which gives a storage location of C:\CBUSV2\PROJECTS\ProjectName\. I don't have a CBUS folder on my computer.

Any help very much appreciated.

Duncan

adgilcan, Oct 14, 2010
  2. adgilcan

filpee

Use toolkit to export the jobs. You can export one or all of the jobs.
    Piced files can be exported from within the piced application.

by default on a windows installation the project files are stored at "C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag\"

You will want to back up all the *.xml files.

filpee, Oct 14, 2010
  3. adgilcan

adgilcan

Thanks so much

Found them in that location!

adgilcan, Oct 14, 2010
  4. adgilcan

Newman

In the Toolkit help you'll find a section about backup
    Contents -> Working with C-Bus Toolkit -> Working with C-Bus Projects -> Backing up a Project.

This allows you to take one or more C-Bus tag databases and back them up as a singe file. You can save this file anywhere you like.

To use these backed up files you use the Restore Projects feature of Toolkit.

The actual files are stored in the following path:
    C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag

Whilst like any Windows file it is possible to back these up manually, it is not recommended as the structure of these files may have changed between Toolkit versions. Toolkit will update any project files to the latest version when they are Restored. This is something that doesn't happen when you manually back up the files and you may get Toolkit errors if you try to use old project files with newer versions of Toolkit. The Backup/Restore process automates this process.

Newman, Oct 14, 2010
  5. adgilcan

triksta

.dat file

Hi,

Had a guy send me a file i need to restore in my toolkit, but its come through as a .dat file. can i restore this to cgate somehow???

Taaa

triksta, Mar 17, 2011
  6. adgilcan

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi triksta,

.dat isn't an extension we use for our data. If the file is called winmail.dat, then it probably just contains font and formatting information for an Outlook email. Otherwise you can try opening it in an all-in-one zip utility such as 7-zip and see if there is anything inside. If there are no other attachments they may have been removed by a virus scanner at either end. Failing all that, you may need to ask the other person to resend it in some other way.

daniel, Mar 21, 2011
  7. adgilcan

znelbok

the file will beinthe winmail.dat that you have.

Google on how to open it. There are many ways and utilities.

Mick

znelbok, Mar 21, 2011
Ask a Question