Toolkit not resizing Win10

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dvine, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Dvine

Dvine

So installed the latest toolkit onto my surface pro 4 running full windows 10 and everything is all extremely small, can't use the thing. Tried rescaling windows to 225% which is what i like to run anyway and it didn't effect it at all.

PICED seems to look fine.

Anyone come across this issue. Pic attached.

Attached Files:

Dvine, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Dvine

Dvine

I should mention that PICED runs and looks fine.

Dvine, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Dvine

daniel C-Busser Moderator

daniel, Feb 14, 2016
  4. Dvine

rhamer

I've currently got a similar problem with a third party control on an unrelated software application.

The problem seems to only occur on Windows 10 tablet machines and we have replicated it on a Surface Pro 4 and a HP Elite Pad.

The problem does not seem to be directly related to running these devices in high DPI.

I have reported this to the company concerned and they have also replicated it and are working to solve it. When I get the solution I'll let you know in case it helps with this problem also.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Feb 15, 2016
  5. Dvine

Dvine

Thanks for replies. Setting 2 on that link seemed to do the most, however the text that was once to small is now too big. Edlt editor is still all scrambled. Tried changing the Res and text sizes but no luck.

Attached Files:

Dvine, Feb 15, 2016
  6. Dvine

rhamer

Hi Daniel,

The solution pointed to here may provide some help.

https://www.devexpress.com/support/center/Question/Details/T342953

It's doesn't seem to cover the exact problem, but you never know.
    The main problem is likely (as it was with me) for the issue to be in a third party control.

Anyway if it is of any help, good luck.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Feb 22, 2016
  7. Dvine

ashleigh Moderator

Windows 10 has a very different approach to development and release of Operating System updates.

This can be best summarised as:

- new features will be added (unlike waiting for a whole new OS as per Win7 / 8 / 8.1, and prior)

- when doing work on the operating system, things will be changed (you may or may not be informed)

- there is not as much testing before release

It's this last one that bugs me. The current Win10 release also has networking defects that are fixed in the insider (leading edge) builds but have not been released to the mainstream yet (thats 3 months with networking defects.... not good).

I'm holding off upgrading and in fact reverted 2 machines that I upgraded. There's a weekend wasted that I'll never get back.

Perhaps in another 3-6 months the upgrade will be stable and worth going to... in the meantime, expect problems. In many cases there is nothing the application developers can do.

ashleigh, Feb 23, 2016
  8. Dvine

scottthesparky

hp spectre with win 10

I cant get my new laptop to talk at all, it has a type c usb port and cbus sees the com port but I can scan a com port or anything.
    thinking its the adaptor cable but it works for everything else

scott

scottthesparky, Mar 1, 2016
  9. Dvine

Ambro

Same display problems here with my new Dell xp15.

I got around the issue by dropping the resolution to 1024x768, logging out and in again.

Then I ran toolkit and all looks goods.

Finally I changed the resolution back to 3840x2160 (do not log out!!) and ran toolkit.

It is a dirty workaround as the next time you log in and out toolkit goes tiny again - but at least it's something until the Clipsal software techs get shiny new 4k screens... ;)

Ambro, Jul 7, 2016
  10. Dvine

Ambro

Ambro, Jul 26, 2016
  11. Dvine

Dvine

Has there been any updates to fix this Issue? I'm sure many integrators are using up to date laptops.

Dvine, May 14, 2017
    Dan likes this.
  12. Dvine

lewisf

Hi Guys. I am still having this screen res issue. I have a shiny new Clevo P870TM with a 4k Screen running Win10 Pro 64 bit and the text is so small I can't work with it. I got the new lappy mid December and updated windows as much as possible and I have just downloaded the latest toolkit so if someone somewhere fixed something (Microsoft/Clipsal/The Tooth Fairy) they need to take another whack at it. 2 years on since this thread was started and I still can't find a decent solution. I will have to use one of the dirty old workarounds like change screen resolution settings or run toolkit on an external monitor. I suppose I should be glad I have a 17 inch screen and not a 13 inch.

lewisf, Jan 28, 2018
  13. Dvine

lewisf

Hmmm. I Just had a thought. I am booked in to do Nac Shac training in a few weeks if they ever stop rescheduling the course because of lack of interest. I will ask the instructor guy from Clipsal. They usually fly them in from Adelaide to do training in Perth. I will take a peek at his laptop to see what windows version and screen res he has

lewisf, Jan 28, 2018
    Dan likes this.
  14. Dvine

Clarty31

Any further developments on this? i just got a Surface pro 6 and Toolkit is a little bit small for my weary eyes.

Clarty31, May 26, 2019
    Dan likes this.
  15. Dvine

Clarty31

All good. I figured it out.

Clarty31, May 28, 2019
  16. Dvine

21stcenturyelec

It would be good if you shared what you did!...I have used a MacBook pro with toolkit for over 2yrs on parallels, today I went to a job to alter some bits and it opened up so small I could not read it, a few weeks ago I had a resolution problem on our Control4 software and adjusted something in parallels to get that sorted but nothing I did today fixed the toolkit issue, not sure if windows 8.1 did a update the other week because stupidly I turned on auto update the other month when I've not let it do a update for years prior to that

Any advice?

21stcenturyelec, Jul 2, 2019
  17. Dvine

Dan

I had the same issue on my Windows 10 desktop PC and my Surface Pro 3, I know this is an older thread but the solution wasn't posted so here's the fix - upload_2020-3-8_17-21-54.png

Dan, Mar 8, 2020
  18. Dvine

Jackelec

Thanks so much. This worked perfectly with my Surface Pro 6 running Win10. OMG!!! Lifesaver. Guys make sure you do a shutdown and restart after doing this then reopen toolkit. Then all ok. Can finally see!

Jackelec, Dec 5, 2020
    Dan likes this.
  19. Dvine

Dan

All good, I should have added this works for ANY app that isn't displaying correctly in Windows 10..

Dan, Dec 8, 2020
Ask a Question