Toolkit generating random groups on new projects !?! help

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Pie & Peas, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Pie & Peas

Pie & Peas

Every time I create a new project toolkit automatically creates groups 33 thru 40 and assigns these groups to every Neo switch on the network, this is bloody annoying ! can anyone offer a remedy please ?

cheers

Pie & Peas, Oct 26, 2007
  2. Pie & Peas

Duncan

Does this happen when you SCAN a physical network? If so.. the switches must have those groups assigned to them.

Duncan, Oct 27, 2007
  3. Pie & Peas

Richo

just to clarrify the point Duncan has made. When toolkit scans a neywork, it will create the groups for all the groups used by units on the network. So if the existing units use those groups they will appear in a new project after the initial scan.

Richo, Oct 27, 2007
  4. Pie & Peas

Pie & Peas

Understood ! but this happens every time using brand new switches .. e.g. the last job I created had approx 10 x 4 gang neo's, once I had created the project / network etc I then scanned the physical network only to find that all the neo switches had groups 33 to 40 assigned to them in the blocks tab ??? you then have to go through each switch one by one removing the offending groups before you can delete them completely from the project !

Pie & Peas, Oct 31, 2007
  5. Pie & Peas

NickD Moderator

These group addresses are the ones that are programmed into the switches as part of the factory test of the product. They are supposed to be blanked as the final step of the finished goods test, however it's possible this step was somehow missed.

You say every time... how many times has this happened?

I will pass this on to QA anyway, but if you can provide serial numbers for any of the units it would be helpful.

Cheers,

Nick

NickD, Oct 31, 2007
  6. Pie & Peas

daniel C-Busser Moderator

A quick way to "reblank" a unit back to factory programming is to create the corresponding unit in the database (it's created without any groups defined), then transfer "database -> network".

daniel, Oct 31, 2007
Ask a Question