Toolkit Exception Reports

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Robbo_VIC, May 23, 2013.

1. Robbo_VIC

Robbo_VIC

How do i send the Toolkit Exception/Error Reports if I don't use a built-in Email program on my Laptop? I access email via a web browser.

Toolkit has failed on me about 20 times in the last few days and it's getting very frustrating.

Robbo_VIC, May 23, 2013
  2. Robbo_VIC

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hiya Robbo,

The exception reporting relies on an installed e-mail client. You have a couple of options:

1. Install a mail client. Most webmail (gmail etc) allows SMTP/POP3/IMAP access, so you can send the reports via your existing e-mail address. You may even be able to configure the client with working SMTP (send) but faulty POP3 settings (receive), so you don't ever download messages or read them on the PC. If you do configure receiving, you will want to configure the mail client to not delete messages after they're downloaded, so they are still visible via the website.

2. Copy the exception reports (they are just zip files) to another computer with Toolkit and a mail client installed. That instance of Toolkit when next run will offer to send the reports through.

In related news we are exploring new methods of exception reporting that won't require an installed e-mail client. But nothing to announce at this time.

Cheers,
    Daniel

daniel, May 27, 2013
  3. Robbo_VIC

Robbo_VIC

Thanks Daniel, I'll go with Option number 2.

Hopefully they are helpful as I have had a huge number of Toolkit failures over the last few weeks, particularly on one of our larger sites with 4 networks.

The main issue is after a while when i go to the "Units" tab everything disappears... No units to be seen on the database or the network. Then i have to close and re-open the software.

Robbo_VIC, May 27, 2013
Ask a Question