Toolkit 1.3 Killed whole setup!!!!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by yzf250, Apr 23, 2006.

1. yzf250

yzf250

I run homegate at home with cbus and all was running fine on toolkit 1.1.7.
    I installed the new version of toolkit and the **** has hit the fan!!! Homegate will not start...toolkit will run maybe every second time if im lucky with various types of errors. All the group names have been lost. I cant revert back to version 1.1.7 as the cgate version is now not compatible!
    What sort of testing is done on this software before release????
    Lucky I have done this at home and not on a clients setup. Surely something as straight forward as maintaining groups names when updating a version should be seemless. It was frustrating enough getting homegate to function properly when I set it all up about 6 months and now its all back to square one.
    Can someone at CIS explain the software testing procedure? I feel everytime I install something new I have to allow a few days of trouble shooting myself to get it up and going again! VERY ANNOYING!

yzf250, Apr 23, 2006
  2. yzf250

Phil.H

Things to be aware of *1*

Have a look here - it may help. http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279

When you upgrade Toolkit the C-Gate version it comes with can change.

Check your version of Homegate and what version of C-Gate it needs.

Recommend stashing a copy of your project .xml smoewhere safe before updating databases etc.

Phil.H, Apr 23, 2006
  3. yzf250

ashleigh Moderator

The toolkit 1.3 series will let you make a backup of your project when you opened it, so rolling back should all be possible. You DID let it make a backup didn't you?

You might have to have a poke around under c:\clipsal\blah blah blah to find the projects and their backups.

Toolkit and Homegate are subject to long and rigorous test before release, and if a release is not satisfactory it will be held up until it is ready to go.

PMing you with more info about what can be done for you.

ashleigh, Apr 24, 2006
  4. yzf250

yzf250

Homegate version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have homegate 2.6.0 so i cannot download the update from cis downloads. Does this mean i need the newer version of homegate ? will this be supplied to me by cis for free?

yzf250, Apr 24, 2006
  5. yzf250

ashleigh Moderator

I believe this is NOT a free upgrade. Talk to you local CIS office.

ashleigh, Apr 25, 2006
  6. yzf250

Richo

Richo, Apr 26, 2006
Ask a Question