Timer or Long Keypress - can't do both?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ramon, Aug 3, 2004.

1. ramon

ramon

I'm using the Neo switches that are pretty neat, however one issue that is frustrating is that when you set a Long Keypress (Custom) you lose Timer function. As a practical example, i have a Neo controlling keyless entry doors - i had set them up on Short Press Timer so when pressed they unlock the front door for a given amount of time then lock again which works fine. However as soon as my 4 year old worked it out, he could escape out of the house, hence i set it to a Long Keypress as he hasn't worked that one out yet... however I lose Timer control which is a pain given I want to maintain the same functionality but simply use a long keypress.

A similar problem (feature?) exists with Timer and Dimmer - you can't seem to have both.

ramon, Aug 3, 2004
  2. ramon

Newman

Ramon

If I'm understanding you correctly what you'd like to do is use the long press to unlock the door and then have it automatically re-lock some time later, say 5 seconds or so.

To do this go to the "Keys" tab on the Neo GUI.
    1. Set your Short Press and Short Releas microfunctions to IDLE (unless you want something different to happen there).
    2. Set your Long Press microfunction to ONKEY (assuming you want to turn the Group Address ON).
    3. Set your Long Release microfunction to RETRIG.
    The RETRIG is the bit that will set the timer running. You can then configure the timer interval and timer expiry command if necessary from the "Timers" tab.

I hope this helps!

Newman, Aug 4, 2004
Ask a Question