Timer function with multiple blocks problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Trevor Smith, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith

Hi,

I'm new to this so excuse my lack of correct terminology.
    Here is my problem:
    I am trying to assign two timer functions on one key. But the software tells me I can not assign multiple blocks with a timer function.
    Now heres the thing, when it was all commisioned the 1.5yrs ago, the guy that did it all did actually made that happen eg: when I hit the switch the toilet light turns on for 5mins while the exhaust fan also turns on for 7mins (on the standard switch series).
    So how did he get that to work cause I can not do the same.
    In fact when I look at the one that is working like that it also complains about not being able to set a timer function with more than one block. But I cancel out of it so that it doesnt change it.

So whats the problem. Is it buggy software and how did he manage to do it back then. Obviously I have upgraded the software progressively since then.

Any ideas? Hope this makes sense.

Trevor Smith, Jun 19, 2006
  2. Trevor Smith

Darpa

Darpa, Jun 19, 2006
  3. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith

Thanks Darpa,

but I know at least that much. I have tried doing what that pdf outlines but without success.

I get error 2066: Key 1 occupies multiple blocks and thus can not have a timer function

Trevor Smith, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Trevor Smith

Newman

Trevor

Are you using Toolkit version 1.4?

Newman, Jun 19, 2006
  5. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith

Newman,

I am using 1.3something. I will upgrade and let you know if it fixes it. But I doubt it. I have upgraded progresively over the last yr and still no fix. I cant believe no one else is having this problem.
    I have even tried starting off with a new discovery of all the devises incase there was a corrupt database, and still no good.

Trevor Smith, Jun 20, 2006
  6. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith

Ha !

Guess what ? ver 1.4 fixed it !

About time !

Thanks everyone.

Trevor Smith, Jun 20, 2006
Ask a Question