Tica

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by Nathan, May 18, 2005.

1. Nathan

Nathan

Is there any news on the new version of Tica that sorts out all the Mobile/answering machine problems. Since November we have been waiting for this release.

Nathan, May 18, 2005
  2. Nathan

Richo

We hope to have a beta out in a couple of weeks. The firmware is done, I just need time to roll the changes into the new version of TICA. I'm hoping to do this over the next couple of weeks, but I'm currently flat out on Multi-room Audio/Circa 2 development.

I don't have the specifics handy on what changes Ashleigh has implemented to the firmware to try and address the issues you mention. Will post more info when the beta is available.

Richo, May 18, 2005
  3. Nathan

ashleigh Moderator

It looks like we have the mobile phone issue licked.

So... a new TICA beta should be a week or 2 off - as soon as I can prise Anthony out of MRA for a couple of days. This will address mobile phones, make hangup detection vastly more reliable, add support for blind dialling, and improve the asian languages.

Thanks for your patience everybody, its been as frustrating for me as it has for you.

Unfortunately the answering machine issue is an a-grade pain inthe backside - the modem maker has refused to try and help us out with a patch but has consented to release source code to us under NDA. Then it looks like they sent the wrong version..... And then there is about 250K lines of assembler to wade through to try and figure if a patch is even possible. This one is going to be a long time coming. Its still an open issue, and marketing are demanding it be fixed. Figuring out how is very very difficult.

ashleigh, May 19, 2005
  4. Nathan

rhamer

No Problem, just tell us who they are and me and a few of the boys will pop round and make them see reason..... If you know what I mean :cool:

rhamer, May 19, 2005
Ask a Question