Tica V2

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by Thomas, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Thomas

Thomas

I have had some time to try out the new software. The voice comes across nice and loud, and also quite clear. Well done.
    Further, I like the ring count options being extended to 9.

Now, unless I have overlooked something, there seems to be a bug as follows:

A call is not answered at all when answering in "Away Mode" is enabled only, irrespective of the mode which is set.
    A call is answerd both in "Away Mode" and "Home Mode" when it answering in "Home Mode" is enabled only.

Naturally, when both modes are enabled for answering, the call will be answered, but I assume that this is because "Home Mode" was enabled.

The call is always answered based on the ring count specified for "Home Mode".

Perhaps someone can confirm this behaviour?

Then, I have asked this before, and would like to ask again if it is possible at all to provide the possibility to extend the voice library, preferably by the user, i.e. Installer?

Thomas

Thomas, Jun 16, 2005
  2. Thomas

Richo

Thanks for the report, will check it out.

It is planned, but will have to wait until the next major upgrade I think.

Richo, Jun 16, 2005
  3. Thomas

ashleigh Moderator

Thank you very much for putting in the time to find this.

There is another bug to do with controlling C-Bus Enabled security systems (but thats what Betas a for), and I've already fixed that.

I will look at this one, and I hope we can get a fix and a proper roll out in the next few days (realistically I have to tear Richo from MRA / Circa 2 development which is a big ask - so prob. next week).

We have been recording extra words for the library but we don't have support in TICA yet :mad: - I hope we can bring that support out soon also.

Allowing arbitrary words to be added by the user / installer is a lot more software, unfortunately. (And you would not believe the amount of time I have to spent to clean up the professional studio recorded voice....)

ashleigh, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Thomas

Thomas

Thank you both for the reply. Iam looking very much forward to the release of the software, as I see the Tele Interface as a very useful product, and have a couple of customers for it. I was also wondering if you will have a specific country selection for South Africa. Not that it is very important, as I assume that the UK works on pretty much the same parameters.

As regards the 'custom' words, yep, I can imagine just a little how involved that must get, and more so when one works off an existing product. It would be adding that final touch, since we are always looking for words describing things which may not be used elsewhere very often, or are simply more regional in nature.

Anyway, the whole software package (Toolkit, Piced, TICA) is coming together very nicely. Really great work! :)

Thomas, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Thomas

ashleigh Moderator

Hi Thomas

I have not been able to confirm this behaviour (followed up with private message to see if you can send me your project file).

I have set up 3 groups. Group 1, 2 & 3.

I have set grp 1 to announce in both home & away modes, and no contact attempts.

I set grp 2 to announce in home mode, and contact list 1 in away mode.

I set grp 3 to announce in away mode and contact list 1 in home mode.

Then I enabled answering of calls (on the Mode page) in both home and away mode.

Test-> all as expected.

Next, I enabled answerig of incoming calls whilst in home mode only.

test -> all as expected.

Next, I enabled answering of incoming calls whilst in away mode only.

test -> all as expected.

I'm wondering - were you aware that each time you load the configuration into the unit, the mode is changed to the Initial Mode shown on the Mode page of TICA?

It might be that it was working OK, but it changed back to (say) home mode each time you loaded a different configuration option / combo to test.

Regards
    Ashleigh

ashleigh, Jun 17, 2005
  6. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Ashleigh,

I hope that you can confirm the odd behaviour I mentioned, based on the project file.
    Basically, the differences between your and my setup is that I have completely ignored any contact list, and had my three groups (plus the mode change) announce in Home and Away mode.
    I was not aware of the default mode following a new upload to the unit, but that does not really matter, as I switch the mode back and forth just to make sure of the response of the unit before I dial in.
    I will double check on the Away mode though, and let you know if I have perhaps not set the mode correctly after all...

Regards
    Thomas

Thomas, Jun 17, 2005
Ask a Question