TICA to Program off site ?!

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by [IL]NewGen, Sep 1, 2004.

1. [IL]NewGen

[IL]NewGen

Is it possible to program the actual C-bus network via the TICA like a modem or something similar ? :confused:

[IL]NewGen, Sep 1, 2004
  2. [IL]NewGen

Richo

Yes. The current version of the V2 software supports dialing into a CBTI and doing ANYTHING as if you had a normal serial connection. The speed is the same.

You will need to ensure there is a "SUPER" user programmed into the CBTI. You will need to set that "super" users ID, pass code and the units phone number into the V2 communications server prior to initiating the dial in.

Richo, Sep 1, 2004
  3. [IL]NewGen

[IL]NewGen

on the CIS site it's only version: 1.10 ?!

[IL]NewGen, Sep 1, 2004
  4. [IL]NewGen

ashleigh Moderator

C-Bus install software V2.7 supports access to a remote cbus network through the telepehone interface (5100TAU).

The 5100TAU is configured / commissioned / set up using TICA. The latest version of TICA is 1.10.

Once yuou have set up the 5100TAU, you don't need TICA to access the remote cbus network via the 5100TAU.

ashleigh, Sep 1, 2004
  5. [IL]NewGen

Richo

Thanks for clarrifying that Ashleigh I wasn't very specific in my response ... note to self: don't use internal nick names for products on forum. Doh!

Richo, Sep 1, 2004
  6. [IL]NewGen

[IL]NewGen

what i've done is dial straight into the CBTI, but i get a 'NO CARRIER' response in the Comms setup...

sweet so i gotta setup the CBTI up with TICA inorder to enable this and then i will be able to dial in with the Installation software ?

[IL]NewGen, Sep 1, 2004
  7. [IL]NewGen

Richo

What did you use to dial with. You should be able to dial in using any terminal program and be greeted wiuth text message version of the audio interface.

All you need to do is:
    A) Make sure you have a "Super" user configured.
    B) Have the CBTI set to answer after x number of rings. Make sure you enable this for both modes (Home/Away) if you want to be able to always dial in.

Then in the Installation Software V2.7 (Affectionality called V2 in house) communication server select the com port of your modem, press "Dial Modem" eneter the phone number the CBTI is installed on, the Super users ID and pass code.

Richo, Sep 1, 2004
  8. [IL]NewGen

[IL]NewGen

do i need the '#' at the end of my user & passw ?!

[IL]NewGen, Sep 7, 2004
  9. [IL]NewGen

Richo

Not when using the installation software to dial and connect. The # is only required if you are using a voice connection and/or a terminal session.

Richo, Sep 7, 2004
Ask a Question