Thermostat and Daikin AC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bigdave, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Bigdave

Bigdave

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is ok in General forum, please advise if it needs to be elsewhere.

I am recently gettting back into my C-Bus which is about 10 years old. I need some expert advice. I am an IT guy not an electrical guy.

I want to hookup my Daikin AirCon unit, it is a bit old. the outdoor unit is RZYQ10PUY1 and I think the internal unit is FDYQ250MV19 (need to crawl under the house to confirm.
    Anyway, finally found the doco here, on page 27 https://894193805687071256.weebly.c...8/fdyq50_-_250_installation_and_operation.pdf (or 24 on the pdf) It notes a connetion from the wired controller (I have have BRC1D61) which seems to be two cables only, which go into Blue/Black

It is not clear to me whether my unit is a RWG compatible.

I am keen to buy a 5070THP (have found one) but don't want purchase until I can confirm that in fact I can hook it up.

What do I need to do to integrate my unit into my C-Bus? Any help would be amazing even if it is bad news or another method.

Bigdave, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Bigdave

chromus

I only did a quick skim, but it looks like u may be able to use a MODBUS interface (SHAC/NAC) to do the control of the unit.

chromus, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Bigdave

jboer

Hi Dave,

What you are wanting to do I think would be possible, but may need a bit of work to get it there. I would have a look at this post here:

https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/daikin-a-c.3106/

Also

https://www.daikinac.com/content/commercial/accessories-and-controllers/adapters/

So one of the first things I ask is 'Do you change your temp setpoint often?' As a lot of the time people will have a setpoint they change once or twice a year or they just change between heating and cooling, if you only change it infrequently you can probably get away with not tying that into your C-Bus system and just have on/off and zone control.

If setting the setpoint is something you want to do then it can be done with resistor arrays, a bit of circuitry out of a general output unit (analog), a coolmaster unit talking serial to a PAC or SHAC, if you can get a Modbus card as 'Chromus' has said that could be an option too.

jboer, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Bigdave

Bigdave

I finally found that Airtopia is the answer. Google it. They have a C-Bus ready aircon control. all you need the aircon to have it IR input and you are away.

Bigdave, Aug 29, 2020
  5. Bigdave

Krondor

You have solutions for that. There are integrtion devices, that can connect directly to the Daikin unit on one side (in parallel to the Daikin controller), and communicate with C-bus on the other hand (SHAC for example)

Krondor, Apr 23, 2021
  6. Bigdave

Bigdave

I did end up buying a Airtopia. but i found that the Sensibo with Homebridge did me much better. the airtopia required extensive integration, where are the Sensibo for Homebridge gave me IR control, and I was happy with that.

Bigdave, Apr 28, 2021
Ask a Question