Daikin A/C

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Dak, May 13, 2007.

1. Dak

Dak

Hello again,

I have a Daikin 14.5kw Inverter Ducted A/C Unit installed. (FDYP145DFV1) and outdoor unit RZP1450V1.

The A/C installers have provided 4 x (2core) wires to where my CBUS Din Mounted relays and dimmer units are installed. They have labeled these wires as A/C CBus 1 , 2, 3 and 4.

1. Does anybody have any experience with such a control setup? Can I wire these 4 control wires myself, (or should i get my electrician to do this)?

2. How are these 4 control wires supposed to be wired (i assume to a relay unit) - and then how do i go about programming the cbus network to control the AC unit after these wires have been connected to relay? I assume each control wire labeled 1 through 4 might have a different control function, maybe on, off, inc temp, dec temp. Would i just assign each function (each relay channel) an address on the Cbus network and a button press on the cbus network would turn on, off, inc temp, dec temp...????

3. I believe that i could also go the IR remote route, that is if an IR remote unit is available for this particular A/C unit, then i could use my Cbus IR transmitters to fire control commands to the A/C IR receiver.

Any thought or comments as to which way would be easier, cheaper, better etc etc would be much appreciated.

PS - i have read some posts on the forums regarding some difficulties programming the IR Cbus units to communicate effectively with the A/C IR receivers. Has anyone in the field actually set up control of the A/C unit via IR Cbus controllers in the field.

Sorry bout the length of post.

Dak

Dak, May 13, 2007
  2. Dak

Nathan

Ive done several Daikin Ducted AC's before and there isnt to much control or integrate. It sounds like they have just wired the zone motors back to your cbus board and if thats the case an electrician will need to be used as most zone motors use 240v. There is a Card you can buy for Daikin ducted its a KRP4A51 which take a non volt input to control it via a relay and this way you get status by the relay state. This contact will turn on the ducted to the last preset set on the daikin controller and openning the contact will turn it off. Zones usually are controlled via a interlocking relay if the motors are power to on power to open. Or single relays if the zone motors are spring type. Fan control and setpoint is done at the daikin controller. See attached drawing.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

Nathan, May 13, 2007
  3. Dak

Lumpy2

Daikin RZP1450V1

Hi, Dig, Nathan

I am working on a similar unit and recieved info from Daikin, attached PDF file, with some outlay and connections, hope this helps.

However I have a different query. I am repaing the motherboard of a Daikin RZP1450V1, PCB:pC1014H-1D, and would appreciate a schematic or if possible the value in ohms of the output resistor RSP1.

The resistor, marked as R1 on the attached pdf file, feeds through connector X100A to a unit called 'PC" noted on the drawing as Power Circuit [A2P]. It is a radial mounted power resistor at least 5W.

The one on the PCB I am repairing is open circuit and the markings are not discernable but the following is readable:

5Wxx[Ohms Symbol]J
    QxxxMA

If you could look on your PCB and locate the resistor RSP1, note its value and reply to me I would be very thankful.

Regards,
    KH

Lumpy2, Jun 11, 2009
  4. Dak

Lumpy2

PC1014H-1D PCB Repairs

Hi, Dak, Nathan.
    I think that the PDF file did not attach?
    Email me a reply and I will send to you.
    It is 1.86Mb.
    Regards,
    KH

Lumpy2, Jun 11, 2009
  5. Dak

Lumpy2

Wiring Diagram

Hi All

Wiring diagram showing R1 and layout of similar unit.

Need to identify R1, value and circuit block 'PC'

Regards,

KH

Attached Files:

Lumpy2, Jun 11, 2009
  6. Dak

Fridgey Brad

RE: Nathan's Diagram

Nathan,

I know it's been a while since you posted the above, but do you have the full size image of that diagram.
    I'll be now putting 2 Daikin inverters in my house (both ducted) and though I'd like full CBUS control, a simply "on/off" or "enable" command would be sufficient. That way I'd keep the stock Daiking stats, and remote command the system(s) to run via CBUS. I never really need to adjust the set point(s), so this would be acceptable.
    It'll also help to integrate the downstairs A/C would be disabled in favour of a gas ducted unit in the cooler months.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Fridgey Brad, Nov 5, 2010
  7. Dak

Chris Meulengraaf

You can also use a Coolmaster 1000D with a PAC and get full control including mode selection and temperature control with feedback as well.
    I have been using one with a crestron system for over 2 years and it works well. Easy protocol. http://www.xdimax.com/cool/cool.html

Chris

Chris Meulengraaf, Nov 19, 2010
  8. Dak

neohusky

Hi

I've recently integrated a Daikin (RZYQ8PY1) AC using the KRP4A51. The house had 2 keypads along with the KRP4A51 with full temp control and cbus relay ON/OFF. After a power outage the customer is no longer able to control the temperature using the Daikin supplied keypads.

Daikin tech support has told the customer that the AC system only supports 1 keypad with the KRP4A51. When 1 keypad was taken off temp control was again possible. This doesn't sound quite right. I can't believe that only 1 keypad is supported whilst using the KRP4A51. Has anyone else encountered this issue or can anyone offer any comments/suggestions?

neohusky, Apr 9, 2011
  9. Dak

Darren Senior Member

This thread has some good information about controlling a Daikin air conditioner. I am not sure if it is relevant or not.

Darren, Apr 10, 2011
  10. Dak

DarylMc

In case you havent tried.
    The number for Daikin Tech support is 1300 362 438.
    They should be able to give you all the info you need.

DarylMc, Apr 10, 2011
  11. Dak

DarylMc

Sorry seems you have already done that.
    I dont like your chances of getting it working if they say it wont but it seems odd it was working before.

DarylMc, Apr 10, 2011
  12. Dak

DarylMc

DarylMc, Apr 10, 2011
  13. Dak

alepore

Hi Guys,

Im trying to get this daikin module KRP4AA51 to work with C-Bus.
    Im using a L5108RELVP and have wired from Channel 1 to B1 & BC, and channel 2 to B2 & BC.

I am wanting C-Bus to remotely be able to turn on/off the AC (what ever setting the daikin thermostat is currently in) but also have full control via the daikin thermostat in the house.

Ive spoke to daikin tech support, but still cannot get it to work. the instructions are conflicting with what daikin is saying. I have power cycled once i plugged this expansion module into the unit.

Has anyone had success with this? some assistance would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
    alepore, Dec 6, 2015
  14. Dak

DarylMc

Hi alepore

Is the volt/ non volt switch in the non volt position?
    That is what you want to use for the Clipsal no volt relay.

Is the green service monitor led flashing on the add in board?
    It should be flashing all the time.

I'm not up to date on which KRP board suits which unit but that board looks like it is for the large ducted units.
    Is that what you have?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    DarylMc, Dec 7, 2015
  15. Dak

alepore

Hi mate,

Yea in the non volt position,
    From memory it was flashing, haven't touched it for a while, will have to get up in the roof and check it again.l to confirm

This card was supplied by the A/C guys, I believe it's the correct one for the unit.
    The unit is a large one, largest single phase one from memory....

alepore, Dec 7, 2015
  16. Dak

DarylMc

Hi
    The pic looked like it was set to volt.
    That's a shame.
    Would have been an easy fix.

DarylMc, Dec 7, 2015
  17. Dak

DarylMc

Perhaps double check with Daikin that you have the right add in board for the unit.
    I have some doubts a single phase unit would be compatible with that board but I could be wrong.

There is a couple of wall mounted splits in my workshop with KRP add in boards.
    For the life of me I can't remember why but I have set them to a different control method which renders on/off from the IR remote non functional.
    My CBus relay is not set to send a pulse.
    On is on and off is off.
    Probably because I didn't have the CBus hardware at the time but I can't remember for sure.
    If you are sure you have the right board in the AC maybe that is something to try.

Please be sure to let everyone know how you get on.

Regards
    Daryl

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    DarylMc, Dec 7, 2015
  18. Dak

jboer

I have that card on my system, and have it setup the way you do. Ill see if I can find the manual for it and check what I have done with my card.

jboer, Dec 7, 2015
  19. Dak

alepore

Hi Daryl.

You right the photo is set to volt,
    Sorry I have 2 cards, one for each unit in the house, but ive only installed 1 as i wanted to get 1 working before installing them both.
    The photo is of the one not installed yet

alepore, Dec 11, 2015
  20. Dak

alepore

Hi jboer.
    that would be great, i really want to get this working.

alepore, Dec 11, 2015
Ask a Question