The cost of language changes with DLT

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Colin Smith, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

Greetings
    Scenario:- I have a hotel with DLTs in each room (I wish :)). At the front desk they have the ability to change the language to suit the country the guest comes from, and this is done at check-in time. This changes daily therefore 365 changes per year.

My question is this:- Is there a limit on how many times the DLT can be reprogrammed, even if the DLT can hold all the languages there would still be somewhere inside that it holds the information as to which language to display and this would need to be written too on a daily basis.

I am looking for some feel on the mean time between failure of such a scenario
    5 years = 1825 rewrites = replacement of all the DLT's ???? $$$$

Colin Smith, Nov 24, 2005
  2. Colin Smith

Mark

Live long and prosper

Hi Colin,

The DLT can store labels for 8 languages. I would think this would be enough for most hotels.

The non-volatile memory in the DLT is good for a million erase/write cycles. Changing languages every day will have no observable effect on the life of the unit.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2005
    Mark, Nov 24, 2005
Ask a Question