soft up and soft down

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by new123, Dec 19, 2011.

1. new123

new123

Hello all. I am a new member. I want to know whether it is possible to do soft up and soft down in single key in a DLT switch?
    Please help me..how can I do it?:confused:

new123, Dec 19, 2011
  2. new123

Newman

By "soft-up and soft-down" can you describe the exact behaviour you're after?

If you're just looking to make the ramp up and down slower, configure the key as a conventional 1-key dimmer. Then, on the Global tab, change the Ramp 1 rate from 4 seconds to 12 seconds.

Newman, Dec 19, 2011
  3. new123

new123

dimming

yes..i want the dimming lights to be on and off slowly..i gave function as dimmer and ramp as 12 sec..but still it is not being on and off slowly

Sorry for this cheap question..I am new to cbus:(

new123, Dec 21, 2011
  4. new123

KevinH

These are connected to a dimmer channel and not a relay aren't they ? Do they go on and off instantly or with a barely perceptible dim (compared with a normal switch). Do you hear a click at all from your distribution panel when switching.

Apologies if that's a stupid question ! I don't know how familiar with electrics 'new to C-Bus' means...

K

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    KevinH, Dec 21, 2011
  5. new123

Newman

You cannot have all the functions of the Soft-On and Soft-Off key functions on a single DLT key easily. In theory it could be done but doing so is another level of complexity all together, requiring logic and plenty of your time.

Soft-on and Soft-off characteristics can be achieved, one using the short press and the other using the long press, but you would then lose the ability to dim the light from the same button.

The closest single-button behaviour you can get is as I have described earlier. Changing the Ramp 1 rate will give you slow dimming up and down (just like Soft-On and Soft-Off keys) but the turn on and turn off will still be unaffected, i.e. quick.

All C-Bus DIN dimmers have approximately 0.5s of built-in soft start. This is a property of the dimmer, not the switch configuration, and therefore not editable. DIN Leading Edge dimmers also have approximately 0.5s of soft-off.

Newman, Dec 21, 2011
Ask a Question