Size of a scene which a switch can store

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Neil C, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Neil C

Neil C

I need to know if a switch will be able to store and operate the scene which I have planned. The scene is simply an all-off operation for a large number of groups, and the switch which is to store and operate this scene is a Saturn. I simply need to know what the limit is for the switch to be able to store and run the all-off scene. I assume that the limiting factor is the number of group addresses which the switch will be able to store within the scene, - is this correct, and if so, is there a known limit on the number of groups which a Saturn switch is able to store? There won't be any external triggers, just a simple push button operation to turn off all lights, which are on various dimmer and relay channels.

Neil C, Mar 10, 2009
  2. Neil C

Pink Panther

Check out the "Programming with area addresses" section in Toolkit Help ... another way to skin the cat!

Pink Panther, Mar 10, 2009
  3. Neil C

ashleigh Moderator

A Saturn will store up to 40 groups in a single scene.

There can be up to 8 scenes, and you can allocate the 40 groups amongst the 8 scenes any old way you like (1 scene of 40, 2 of 20, or 2 - one with 37 and one with 3, etc etc etc).

Or for REALLY BIG control, use Areas. But use areas really really really carefully.

ashleigh, Mar 10, 2009
Ask a Question