Size of a scene which a switch can store

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Neil C, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Neil C

Neil C

I need to know if a switch will be able to store and operate the scene which I have planned. The scene is simply an all-off operation for a large number of groups, and the switch which is to store and operate this scene is a Saturn. I simply need to know what the limit is for the switch to be able to store and run the all-off scene. I assume that the limiting factor is the number of group addresses which the switch will be able to store within the scene, - is this correct, and if so, is there a known limit on the number of groups which a Saturn switch is able to store? There won't be any external triggers, just a simple push button operation to turn off all lights, which are on various dimmer and relay channels.

Neil C, Mar 10, 2009
  2. Neil C

Newman

If the commands are just Off commands, there are two answers, based on the firmware version of the Saturn unit.
    - Firmware 1.5.00 - The max size for a Scene is 10 Groups.
    - Firmware 1.6.00 or newer - The max size for a Scene is 40 Groups.

Remember that the TOTAL memory available in a Saturn is for 40 Groups, so if you've got a second Scene stored in the unit, that will decrease the size of your All Off scene.

The Scene Editor within Toolkit actually gives you a running total of the amount of memory you've used thus far, and imposes the right limits based on firmware version.

Newman, Mar 10, 2009
  3. Neil C

Neil C

Thanks for that. Seems quite simple. However, I definitely will need the scene to be much bigger than 10 groups, although 40 groups will probably be sufficient. I don't know what firmware version is loaded on the Saturn switch, - how do you find out, and if it is not the later version, can it be upgraded some how? If it could, then it would make sense to upgrade the firmware before I start.

Neil C, Mar 10, 2009
  4. Neil C

Newman

The firmware version is reported on the Unit Identification tab in Toolkit. The firmware in these units is not upgradeable.

Newman, Mar 10, 2009
Ask a Question