Setting up CNI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by mikegriff, Nov 29, 2004.

1. mikegriff

mikegriff

Is there a definitive set-up for using the latest versions of software with CNI
    I've got CGate2 working fine with a serial connection , but cant for the life of me get the CNI version working I think it is the way I have the Ports set up but can find no ref to this apart from 14001 which i've set in the default config of toolkit and on the web server redirector
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

mikegriff, Nov 29, 2004
  2. mikegriff

JackD

Setup of CNI

The CNI can have any port number from 1 to 65536 but if you have used it with the Comport redirector software you would have to have set it to something between 14,000 and 14,010. So when you add a network using Toolkit you are prompted for an IP address and a port number. An example from my own test network is this: 10.176.143.230:14000 and so when I'm prompted I type those values in and away she goes. There's no magic to it except that if you put in 14001 and it's really 14000 or if you get the IP address wrong then it won't work. You can check the IP address with "ping" in a command window and you can check the ports with COM port redirector software and V2. If you have 14000 programmed into the unit then Comport redirector will work with 3000, 14001 with 3001 etc on up to 14010 with 3010.

JackD, Nov 29, 2004
  3. mikegriff

mikegriff

Thanks for that confirmation

Seem to have got it working now by connecting directly to the project
    every thing syncs up fine. Now if I go off line and do a total scan it finds the CNI and the project- strange Must be me
    Mike

mikegriff, Nov 29, 2004
Ask a Question