Setting recall levels via C-Gate?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by rirvine, Nov 3, 2006.

1. rirvine

rirvine

Hi All,

Is it possible to set key inputs block Recall1 and Recall2 levels via C-Gate?
    I've looked at doing this via PAC but I don't think it can be done there either?

Thanks,

Ross.

rirvine, Nov 3, 2006
  2. rirvine

Duncan

Unit programming can ONLY be done via Toolkit.

Duncan, Nov 3, 2006
  3. rirvine

rirvine

Thanks Duncan.

I'm trying to set lower lighting levels at night (say after 11pm).
    Looking at this post:
    http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936

I assume I could use the basis of that post to do what I want. Create a new "Logic Group" called NightTime, use PAC or C-Gate to set it to %50 based on the time of day, then include it (as show in that post as Group 1) in all the lights I want to use at the reduced level.

Then when I press the Unit Button, it sets the Dimmer Channel Group to %100, but uses the lowest value of the two, so I get %50. PAC then sets NightTime to %100 at 6am, then next time I press the Unit Button I get %100.

Is my theory sound?

Regards,

Ross.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2006
    rirvine, Nov 3, 2006
  4. rirvine

Duncan

Yes you're heading down the right path.. but you'd get the PAC to do the switching, rather than getting the PAC to reprogram the units at different times of the day..

The Key Input unit would turn on a group and the PAC, depending on the time of day, would then set the "real" lighting group on to the desired level.

Duncan, Nov 4, 2006
  5. rirvine

rirvine

Thanks Darren. I was hoping not to have to do this as I would need to "virtualise" almost every input switch, then have PAC see each state/level change, read the level, ramp rate etc then set the output group to the same ramp rate, and level (and test time of day and if the level is greater than %60, if so, set it to %60). No light would go on or off without PAC seeing the virtual change, then making the real group change. Don't really want PAC that heavily involved in "normal" day to day operations like that. Not sure how it would hold up (response wise) to having to act on every single input change. I would also have to have two modules for each input/output combination. As well as One for ON and one of OFF state changes.
    As far as I know, you can do something like this (pseudo code):

once (GetLightingState("*") = *) then
    GroupName:=*
    State = GetLightingState(GroupName)
    If State = OFF then Set RealDeviceOff otherwise
    Level = ...
    RampRate = ...
    SetLightingLevel(GroupName, Level, RampRate)

Pseudo code, but hopefully you get the what I'm trying to say..

If you could set recall1 on the inputs then it would be a simple event based on time 11pm Do SetRecall1Level("some real input", %70), for all the devices you want to limit. Then have another event at 7am which sets them all back to %100. This would also allow you to set Recall2 to %100 on the inputs, so you could configure a long press to use Recall2 (%100) and override the "nightime" limit.

Sounds like a good enhancement request to be able to set recall 1 and recall 2 levels on inputs via PAC/C-Gate. This would allow you to set "Pre-Dim" type functionality so you can always control the initial level of the light when switched on without nasty little workarounds.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Ross.

rirvine, Nov 6, 2006
  6. rirvine

Newman

I would have thought that an easier way to do this would be to use the Logic in the output unit to limit the brightness. You would then just have a schedule running in the PAC that set the level of the logic group to less than 100% at the times of day where you want those channels to limit their output?

Much, much easier and more robust than fiddling with input unit programming parameters. You could also do some really cool things, like smoothly reduce the channel levels over a period of time, rather than have a step-change at a specific time.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
    Newman, Nov 6, 2006
  7. rirvine

rirvine

Newman,

My original thought was to use output logic to do it. Maybe a got a bit confused by Duncan's response thinking he was talk about to making PAC do everything, rather than just control the "NightTime" group.

Regards,

Ross.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
    rirvine, Nov 6, 2006
  8. rirvine

PSC

And a big hello to Darren Margetts and Duncan Snodgrass :D

Good morning fellas :p

PSC, Nov 6, 2006
  9. rirvine

Duncan

Not the first time thats happened.. As I said last time.. I'm the tall good looking one :)

Duncan, Nov 6, 2006
  10. rirvine

rirvine

Don't know what guys are talking about... *whistles quietly to himself*..

Thanks Duncan..

Ross.

rirvine, Nov 7, 2006
  11. rirvine

ICS-GS

and im sure it wont be the last LOL

ICS-GS, Nov 9, 2006
Ask a Question