Set time period in which to ramp on / off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by thelauman, Jan 23, 2005.

1. thelauman

thelauman

Heya guys,

Just wondering if there is a way to set a time period for which a dimmer channel ramps on and off in toggle mode?

Eg. a one key input programed to toggle a channel of a, say, 8 channel dimmer that with each short press (toggle) ramps on over, say, 4 seconds, and ramps off over 4 seconds rather than instantaneously.

PART 2:
    if this is possible, is there a way to do this that programs multiple channels at once? eg. channels 1-5 ramp on and off over 8 seconds with each shortpress (when function is set to dimmer and the key function is set to toggle).

Cheers

thelauman, Jan 23, 2005
  2. thelauman

jka

Me too

I am looking for the same answer!
    I have tried using the Global - ramp 1 and ramp 2, but I can only get the light to ramp up, not back down.
    Re - part 2 - I think if you go into the dimmer module settings, the logic blocks will get several groups on together.

jka, Apr 18, 2006
  3. thelauman

Newman

You can do this easily enough when you have 2 keys controlling the group but not one. For 2 key operation you just use the Soft Up and Soft Down key functions. To do what you want from only 1 key could be done in a PAC though.

Regarding the multiple group thing, you can always assign the key to multiple blocks in the key unit, you could use scenes, you could use a PAC or, as jka suggests, you can use logic in the output unit.

Newman, Apr 19, 2006
  4. thelauman

jka

PAC dimmer

So Newman,
    You could program a group to behave the same way as a default dimmer key (but with different ramp rates)?
    Is there an example of this one somewhere?
    regards
    Jim

jka, Apr 27, 2006
  5. thelauman

Newman

Jim

I'm making a few assumptions about the PAC here, and also assuming that you only want to turn from off to on and vice versa (only toggle functionality), but the way I would do it would be to use a different group address in the key unit, leaving the key as a normal toggle function, and then link the 2 groups together in the PAC.

If the PAC sees the group in the key unit turn on then issue a ramp on command at whatever rate you like to the group in the dimmer. Likewise for off.

Newman, Apr 28, 2006
Ask a Question