Sensor Enable Disable

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Memphix, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Memphix

Memphix

I am creating the basic setup with a switch and sensor in the one room:
    Light A in the switch, with Light A in the sensor, and Light A in the enable/disable set to disable.

I am now receiving this message:

"It is not recommended to use Occupancy Enable/Disable elsewhere in the Unit".

Do I need to be concerned? Does this work for the multisensor too?

I have used this setup many times in the past... the switch behaving as a hold-on for the light (disables sensor), makes the switch indicated the light is on when the light is triggered by the sensor, and sensor turns light on for set period of time as standard.

From past testing, if the group address is broadcasted (turned on) by the sensor, that is assigned to the Disable, the sensor will still timeout and behave normally. It will only disable the sensor if the Disable address was turned on by a different unit.

Memphix, Jun 2, 2011
  2. Memphix

Newman

The behaviour hasn't changed.

This setup does work, but it's not encouraged due to there being no absolute way of knowing if the sensor is enabled or disabled by looking at the state of groups. It still works as it always has, but the Toolkit warning is there to encourage people to set the enable/disable using a separate group where possible. It also gets complicated when you have multiple sensors controlling the same group address configured this way.

When you click Save or Apply you should get a dialogue box that explains some of the potential "gotcha's" when assinging the same group address to the Enable/Disable function as well as other functions in the unit.

If the issues listed in that dialogue are not applicable to your install, then you can ignore the warning.

Newman, Jun 3, 2011
Ask a Question