Scenes without scenes

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by johnny, Sep 29, 2007.

1. johnny

johnny

I'm having troubles at the moment where i really need to use scenes but am using an install where i can't due to just key inputs and relays.

What i need to do is be able to press a button that will turn everything in the install off but leave two groups on... is this possible without using scenes?

johnny, Sep 29, 2007
  2. johnny

Duncan

When you say "just key inputs" do you mean you've only the older style switches that dont have scenes?

If so.. maybe you could juggle your channels around, all the loads that need to go off on one set of Output Units and the two loads that need to stay on could be on their own output unit.. this then would then allow you use an Area Address to turn all of the loads off (except for the two on their own output unit and with no Area Address)..

Duncan, Sep 29, 2007
  3. johnny

johnny

there are only two channels that need to stay on... and about 16 that need to go off... i was looking in the toolkit when you list your groups is there a way to create a group and insert other groups within this and just call the one group name?

johnny, Sep 29, 2007
  4. johnny

Duncan

No.

Area Addresses kind of do that..

What type of key input units are you using at your site?

Duncan, Sep 29, 2007
  5. johnny

johnny

just the standard ones in the 2000 series, so i don't have the ability to use scenes on the network at all... just to make life easy.. :D

johnny, Sep 29, 2007
  6. johnny

pbelectrical

Output unit logic

You might be able to use the logic function on your output units. Create a group address like " all off " then add it as an and function to the groups that you want to turn off. Assign this same "all off " address to a key input. When this group is turned off all those channels that have it as an and function will also turn off. The limitation on this is that when the group is turned on again any load that was previously on will return to that state.

pbelectrical, Sep 30, 2007
Ask a Question