Scene only on long press?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by kymj, Sep 29, 2005.

1. kymj

kymj

I have a button which activates a scene, however I only want the scene to be actived on a long press. This can be done when not using a scene, however I cannot workout how to do this when using a scene.
    Anyone know how this might be achived?
    All the best
    Kym

kymj, Sep 29, 2005
  2. kymj

Newman

Well, if you're triggering a Scene stored in that unit then you can change the Debounce time to 400ms or so. That way it will take 400ms before the Short Press event is actioned. You won't be able to do any events on a quick key press however because all Short Press events on that unit will then require a 400ms key press.

If you're remote triggering a Scene then you can simply assign the Recall command to the Long Press key event instead of the Short Press key event.

Newman, Sep 29, 2005
  3. kymj

kymj

Well I beleive that I am remote triggering a scene which I created in C-Touch. I am doing this by using an empty scene key in my Saturn switch and have set the Trigger group and Action selector to match that of the scene in the C-Touch, however because I am using a scene I can not change the long press key event from 'scene'.
    Am I doing something wrong?

All the best
    Kym

kymj, Sep 30, 2005
  4. kymj

Newman

Remote Scene Trigger

You can still use the Debounce method. It will still work.

Are you doing any normal lighting Group Address functions with the switch or are you only doing Scene related functions?

Newman, Sep 30, 2005
  5. kymj

kymj

It is a 6 button switch, I am using 4 buttons for normal on/off functions and the other 2 buttons I am using for scenes, 1 turns most lights off (as when leaving the house) the other turns some lights on (as when coming home to an empty house). The reason I want the scene buttons to only work on a long press event is so that they are not accidently activated.

kymj, Sep 30, 2005
  6. kymj

Don

I would not recommend using a long debounce time for scenes if you have other functions, as it will delay them as well. Scenes are different to other functions, and are always activated with the "Just Pressed" event of a key press, and the "long press" event is not available for scenes.

I believe that wireless C-Bus offers the options you are seeking, and the plan is to eventually make wired c-bus operate this way as well. This will not happen soon, however, as we are working hard on many other improvements to the wired C-Bus range which I believe will be much more useful.

I can see no practical way for you to make the invokation of scenes more difficult than a normal function unless you were to dedicate a complete Saturn key unit to scenes.

Don

Don, Sep 30, 2005
  7. kymj

claude

work around

There is one way this can be achieved. Instead of using the "Trigger Control Application" in your Saturn to trigger the scene stored in the C-Touch, use the "Lighting Application". Then you can setup your Saturn key to be a bell press as follows;

Short Press : idle
    Short Release : idle
    Long Press : onkey
    Long Release : offkey

This will require the user to press the scene button for atleast 400ms, which is more than enough to ensure that these scenes are not accidentally triggered. By using a bell press function you can set the scene every time you press the key.

This is not the way that it should be done, it is a work around.

claude, Oct 1, 2005
Ask a Question