Scanning Multiple networks

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by inpowers, Aug 7, 2020.

1. inpowers

inpowers

Hi all need a little help please.
    I have scanned a lot of single networks but unfortunately have never done a Multi network system.
    Have come across a site which has three networks across three floors and have stuffed up the scanning process twice now.
    Is there a particular procedure to follow to get this right and what floor to start from?
    Site has three bridges and one B&W touch screen

Thanks in advance

Rob

inpowers, Aug 7, 2020
  2. inpowers

inpowers

We thanks to all for replying I thought this was a help forum.
    And yes i did try the search many times.

inpowers, Aug 12, 2020
  3. inpowers

jboer

haha I love it when people demand help from a group of people who out of their own time and resources try and help when they can. Call tech support if you need immediate help would be my main advice.

Secondly, it is no different to scanning a single network, you cannot scan all the networks at once at the beginning. Scan one, find the bridge address, create the next one in toolkit, scan the next one, repeat for any others.

Read the C-Bus documentation on multi-networks to get an understanding of C-Bus networking otherwise you will struggle no matter how much help someone volunteers to you.

Use the toolkit help and look up: C-Bus networks and read that and all of the sub topics.

jboer, Aug 12, 2020
  4. inpowers

inpowers

Well Thanks jboer for the kind words.
    Were does it say i demand an answer?
    I have rang tech support but when on site sometimes you need an answer right away not an hour or two down the track.
    I have the original training document and there is nothing about how to scan a multi network.
    Anyways thanks for your answer as I wasn't aware about scanning from the bridge.

Regards

inpowers, Aug 13, 2020
Ask a Question