project backup without connection to network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Neil C, May 29, 2009.

1. Neil C

Neil C

I need to make a backup of a project, and then restore it to a second PC which has the same version of Toolkit software loaded. I then intend to use the second PC to make further changes to the C-bus system which is installed.

If I make a backup whilst the original PC running the Toolkit is not physically connected to the C-bus network, will the resultant backup be full, or will there be elements missing which would be included in the backup if the network was connected when the backup was made?

Neil C, May 29, 2009
  2. Neil C

Newman

It doesn't make any difference whether you're connected to the network or not when making a backup of your Toolkit project.

The backup made by Toolkit will contain all the programming that is stored in your Toolkit database. If you have made changes to the units on your network, but not saved those changes to the database, then those changes won't be included in the backup.

Newman, May 29, 2009
  3. Neil C

george

Hi,

This may possibly be helpful in your case... If the second PC is on the same local network as the first you can remotely connect from Toolkit on the second PC to C-Gate on the first PC. This way you don't need to worry about multiple copies of the same project. However you need to be careful not to edit the same project from both PCs simultaneously as changes done on one PC may overwrite changes done on the other.

Regards,
    George

george, Jun 1, 2009
Ask a Question